Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1341 - 1344 of 1344 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
I did and it specifically says they are halting production of off road “race / delete” products as of 9/16. I don’t give a rats ass about on road products as they only hurt the long term reliability and service life of emissions equipment. You still need def fluid and you still have regens and with more power comes more fluid use and more smoke for the dpf to deal with. Been there done that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I am sorry I do not know how to explain it to you. It is crystal Clear... "PPEI will halt sales of race products. PPEI will continue to sell its products designed for on-highway use" What this means if it violates the EPA regulations and by default IF IT DOES OR DID it is then a "off road/race" product by definition which they have stopped selling. Expect the rest of the industry to follow very soon.

The next thing is they will be enforcing the regulations against people who work on or install "off road" equipment on "on road" tucks. Been a great ride but the biscuit wheels have been eaten off of that gravy train by the EPA.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I am sorry I do not know how to explain it to you. It is crystal Clear... "PPEI will halt sales of race products. PPEI will continue to sell its products designed for on-highway use" What this means if it violates the EPA regulations and by default IF IT DOES OR DID it is then a "off road/race" product by definition which they have stopped selling. Expect the rest of the industry to follow very soon.

The next thing is they will be enforcing the regulations against people who work on or install "off road" equipment on "on road" tucks. Been a great ride but the biscuit wheels have been eaten off of that gravy train by the EPA.

Well that’s exactly what I said dumb %*?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
I talked to GM, there intentions had nothing to do with tuning but upcoming driver-less cars, so no one will hack your truck and drive it off a cliff!

1341 - 1344 of 1344 Posts