Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed s&b CAI on 2021 chevy silverado 2500hd 6.6 Duramax. Disabled air filter as stated in message bar and has thrown a po26c code twice. Any1 else experience this issue or know how to get it corrected? Installed with 750 miles on truck and came on about 800 miles, cleared it and now its back on at 900 miles. Any1 experience this or have any ideas? TIA

·
Registered
706 Posts
Injection quantity code.
Take it in for Bulletin #20 - NA - 197.
CAI should have nothing to do with it.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Take it to the dealer and reference that bulletin number and they should take care of you from there at no charge. If I were me, put the stock intake back on before hand though even though it's not related.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Take it to the dealer and reference that bulletin number and they should take care of you from there at no charge. If I were me, put the stock intake back on before hand though even though it's not related.
(y)

·
Super Moderator
866 Posts
Did you follow the instructions from S&B on disabling the system that checks the air filter?

Did you also disconnect the batteries as instructed?

If you skipped either of those steps, then you need to clear out the codes.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Did you follow the instructions from S&B on disabling the system that checks the air filter?

Did you also disconnect the batteries as instructed?

If you skipped either of those steps, then you need to clear out the codes.
could be that.. or more than likely...

IMPORTANT: Failure to disconnect the battery for a minimum of 2 hours may cause the Check Engine Light to illuminate upon completion of the installation or subsequent operation.
DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP!

if you unplug the MAF without the batteries disconnected BAD things happen....

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Installed s&b CAI on 2021 chevy silverado 2500hd 6.6 Duramax. Disabled air filter as stated in message bar and has thrown a po26c code twice. Any1 else experience this issue or know how to get it corrected? Installed with 750 miles on truck and came on about 800 miles, cleared it and now its back on at 900 miles. Any1 experience this or have any ideas? TIA
IF you followed the instructions about disconnecting the battery

check your connectors that you unplugged during install and ensure they are tight and didnt crack any

check and and all air connections that you might have dislodged .. could be that you have a air leak somewhere post MAF

-OR-
it my not be related to your install and in that case yeah.. dealer... and if you show up with CAI on.. depending on the dealer they may wash their hands of it if its air related....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Followed everything with installation. Contacted S&B and this code has came up on the 3- 2021 trucks that they approved the sale on. I put the stock filter on and no issues. I guess we were test dummies. They ran tests on 2021 the past week and had the same issue and think they have the problem fixed. They are sending me a new tube from the turbo to the intake.

·
Super Moderator
866 Posts
Ok, good to hear. Hopefully it works out well for you. Glad to hear they're standing behind the issue. Good luck!

·
Registered
2021 Denali HD Fabtech Lift and 37s
164 Posts
Same problem on my 21. I had the S&B on my 2020. Put it on the 21 with only 25 miles on the engine. Got the P026C code twice in the first 500 miles. I now have 750ish miles and I haven’t gotten the code a third time. Interesting tidbit I had just gotten rid of the 20 stock intake (wasn’t planning on upgrading) so when we swapped the intakes as part of the trade in we also had to change the MAF sensors. Both trucks dashboards were lit up like a Christmas tree until we swapped the MAFs. So my 21 has the sensor from my 20 in it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Same problem on my 21. I had the S&B on my 2020. Put it on the 21 with only 25 miles on the engine. Got the P026C code twice in the first 500 miles. I now have 750ish miles and I haven’t gotten the code a third time. Interesting tidbit I had just gotten rid of the 20 stock intake (wasn’t planning on upgrading) so when we swapped the intakes as part of the trade in we also had to change the MAF sensors. Both trucks dashboards were lit up like a Christmas tree until we swapped the MAFs. So my 21 has the sensor from my 20 in it.
Thats good to know. Hopefully the tube will work
If not ill try a 2020 maf sensor. Im hoping this resolves the issue though its getting to be a headache.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Gee, S&B evidently didn't do enough product testing with this CAI.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just out of curiosity why do you feel the need to remove the stock air filter system that has the fresh air intake through the hood?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts