Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
What kind of power and fuel economy are folks getting with emissions compliant tuning? Also I know tuners are claiming fewer regens and less def fluid is this true?
I recently installed a Banks Derringer with Idash Data Monster, and my fuel economy has gone down, and DEF usage has gone up. It may be minimal, or it could be that I'm able to view/monitor it now, but it sure seems like it's worse. The fun factor is definitely up though....which could also make my numbers get worse, so who knows.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Here’s the reason why 99% of people want to delete their l5ps.
The sound the unrestricted sound of a duramax at idle at cruising speed at WOT any time it’s running the SOUND is just amazing. Secondly most people like the poof of smoke that bellows out when you step on it. It’s that simple. Now I’m not talking “rolling coal” I think most of us understand that’s part of the reason we can’t delete anymore I’m just saying it feels nice when you have some ass hat riding you and you ease into that throttle and dust the guy off your ass. Another reason is most people don’t like being told what to do. [email protected] the epa at this stage in our world there is no turning back even if we all went to horse back. These little hybrids and electric cars are worse then our trucks. Has anyone seen a lithium mine??? And all the DIESEL it takes to mine it? Beating a dead horse lol. I get that you can “tune” these trucks with emissions equipped but why the hell would you lol your asking for trouble and with the price tag for a unlocked ecm ??? Wow. You look like a damn idiot driving your “tuned” l5p with stock exhaust and THOUSANDS in after market parts that will only help you in clogging your exhaust while chugging DEF. if you told me to my face you spent 2-3 grand on a ECM just so you could down load a tuner I’d slap you. Also most new posters who ask this question have no idea what happened with the epa and are just looking for advice. Did you delete the OP truck?? No ? Then give the guy some advice and stfu.
Now that is some Real Emotional pontification right there. :) Something is amiss.....

·
Registered
203 Posts
I love my 2 l5p’s that are deleted. I have an 18 and 2020 and they are even better. Love the 10 speed with a sport tune on it and the 18 is rocking a race tune with a larger vgt drop in and injectors. If I can help any way just message me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pm sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
It’s first time posters like you that ask out of gate “hey I want to delete everything, what do i do” that folks consider suspicious these days. I suppose you could read a bit. And in reading, you will find out that dumbass kids “rolling coal” all over the mall parking lot videos have enlightened the shit out of epa tree huggers. Never mind the majority of folks that did delete did so because they were tired of paying a fortune to dealer wrench monkeys to fix bullshit emissions components that use rare metals dig up front deep inside the earth. Or that have been stranded hundreds of miles from home because a 50$ sensor went bad.

Save the world they say, black smoke must the root of evil they say.. Look it up, it’s in the same chapter as “look at me and my EV, we are saving the earth because i don’t use fuel”. As they charge batteries made with lithium batteries mined from South American communities thus poisoning water and destroying forests. All with power generated from fossil fuels.

Ah that rant felt better. Ima head out and get a snickers bar.
Well said

61 - 66 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.