Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
I thought I posted, splitter cable with switch one or the other you use the power from OBD to go to switch, you cant run both at once OBD doesn't support and they wont function

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm running the Derringer in my 2018 3500. I also opted to install the banks air intake and DPF back exhaust. The derringer made a very noticeable difference in all areas of power delivery, from a dead stop, to making the truck really jump up and go when passing cars on a 2 lane.
I tow frequently, and i use the level 3 setting.
I went to the drag strip and did some runs against my cousin who runs a deleted and tuned LML. My truck was consistently .6 - .7 seconds or so faster.

All in all so far so good. Aside from deleting, in my opinion, this is the best or one of the better tuning options.

Have you guys seen Killing a Duramax on youtube? Seeing the way banks methodically does things, makes me trust the product even more.

·
Registered
126 Posts
hdrolling, may I ask where you got that pillar mount? I have been unable to find one in the lighter color. My interior is Cocoa/Dune and the pillar is off white color.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I was actually looking at the Derringer, seeing as how there's little else available for the L5P, but it seems Banks is a bit sleazy with how they do business. Searching the interwebs I found this link that says it's $479, but when you click on the Buy Derringer L5P Here button it magically jumps to $859. Almost a bait-n-switch tactic. Do they also sell used cars?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was actually looking at the Derringer, seeing as how there's little else available for the L5P, but it seems Banks is a bit sleazy with how they do business. Searching the interwebs I found this link that says it's $479, but when you click on the Buy Derringer L5P Here button it magically jumps to $859.
Almost a bait-n-switch tactic. Do they also sell used cars?
They sell two version one that comes with a gauge for 859.00 and one that is just a toggle switch for 459.00. You can fine them on eBay cheaper. I got mine for 300.00 with gauge. It’s awesome huge difference in power and driveability. My last truck was a 6.0 turbo charged running 16 psi, this feels just as good but with a better power band.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was actually looking at the Derringer, seeing as how there's little else available for the L5P, but it seems Banks is a bit sleazy with how they do business. Searching the interwebs I found this link that says it's $479, but when you click on the Buy Derringer L5P Here button it magically jumps to $859.
Almost a bait-n-switch tactic. Do they also sell used cars?
They sell two version one that comes with a gauge for 859.00 and one that is just a toggle switch for 459.00. You can fine them on eBay cheaper. I got mine for 300.00 with gauge. It’s awesome huge difference in power and driveability. My last truck was a 6.0 turbo charged running 16 psi, this feels just as good but with a better power band.
Sorry 479.00 and it’s just a three position switch where the gauge has six Levels.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I was actually looking at the Derringer, seeing as how there's little else available for the L5P, but it seems Banks is a bit sleazy with how they do business. Searching the interwebs I found this link that says it's $479, but when you click on the Buy Derringer L5P Here button it magically jumps to $859. Almost a bait-n-switch tactic. Do they also sell used cars?
$479 gets you a Derringer and the switch, switch has 3 power levels.

$859 gets you a Data monster Idash which is a recording gauge, A non recording Idash is less than that.

I have been using the Derringer and idash for 3yrs now, have nothing but good things to say about the system and Banks customer service.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts