Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just got a personal best of 21.9 mpg (hand calculated) on a trip to the Smokey Mountains.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This thread has been idle for awhile but I thought I'd toss out there my recent two cents worth. I'm running a basically stock 2500HD with a L5P; fuel economy and towing muscle were important priorities when I bought this rig. I did upgrade cold air intact with a s/b box and I run a B5 diesel blend and Stanadyne Performance routinely. My mixed around town/hwy (75/25 mix) driving mpg avg is 13.5 but if I drive like grandma I can take that up to 16mpg. Out on the hwy running empty at 65mph in cruise I'm at 20mpg with a 25.5mpg best to date. With summer coming I'll have towing mpg's to track. BTW when regen kicks in fuel economy tanks, taking avg down to 11mpg.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
So what are you guys driving L5P trucks seeing for fuel economy? Has anyone hand calculated to check what the computer says? Cruise set highway driving, around town?

We just purchased a '19 3500 SRW at the office and with about 2,000 miles it's showing ~20.7mpg with the cruise at 75 mph. That's better than my LB7 has ever done since the day I drove it off the lot and it has none of the emissions junk on it.
Asking diesel owners what MPG they're getting is like asking fisherman how big are the fish they catch.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
^^^^ Nitro Junkie^^^^ That is a true statement my friend!!! LOL. but its for the gassers too.
That's because the gassers are jealous of our mileage, and torque, and durability, and resale value, and cool factor, and ... penis size, so they have to embellish, we don't.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
LOL! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2019 3500SRW with the drive to work at 55mph I average 19.6mpg. I have 11k miles on it now. I haven't towed with it yet but imagine it will be around 10mpg.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts