Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 95 Posts

Registered
Not a bad idea. I can say that the cleaning results have worked so far for us. I have yet to reinstall my Derringer though, that'll be this weekend. I believe @Bsimster never took his Derringer out though and he's back to using his go pedal like an on/off switch. 馃お
I've been looking at the Derringer as I research cold air boxes, etc. Any issues for you with the Derringer? Is it worth the coin in your opinion?

Super Moderator
Do the pedal monster first. Hindsight being 20/20, that's all I truly wanted. I hated the dead pedal feeling and the Derringer does not get rid of it.

Yes, two "events" so far with the Derringer. First was an FPR code. It was easily cleared and the truck drove fine. I called Banks anyway and they sent me a new Derringer.
Second event was this one. No amount of code clearing solved the issue. I removed my Derringer and the MAP at the same time in the parking lot. After that I was able to drive away. Banks has sent me a new Derringer harness as well.

With all that said, the power level 6 provides is impressive. Don't see any other option on the market that provides that much for the same cost.

Reactions: Pinkmist

Registered
Holy soot Batman! You were on borrowed time there brother.

By the way guys, this sensor brand new from the rock is only around $15.
I went and bought me a spare this morning and it cost me like 20 bucks or something. Not a big deal. Glad I caught it in time to get clean it up. Phew!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Subd to check later. Good find.

Registered
i would use a genuine part for sure though...
this is a critical sensor... so don't go cheap!!
Yeah at Rock Auto the ACDelco is 15.38 and the Geniune GM part is 29.79.

Reactions: ADE

Registered
Solid post and solid parenting!! I do this same thing with my 6 year old little girl! good job.

Registered
I've been looking at the Derringer as I research cold air boxes, etc. Any issues for you with the Derringer? Is it worth the coin in your opinion?
I'd do the Banks intake and idash. Idash I think is a must as it lest you know what's going on with the truck. Keep track of regens and run one when you know you will have enough time to complete. I have the Derringer also and have had zero problems.

On the TMAP sensor note since taking the S&b spacer off and running a few hundred miles the blue sensor is already black. It was completely clean after 2000 with the spacer so the spacer is probably going back on.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
60 in lbs
Inch. Inch pounds. Not foot pounds, like i was scratching my head at initially. I just tightened it back down, then gave it another little bump

Premium Member
oh damn i thought he meant yard foot. mine is really tight

Registered
Inch. Inch pounds. Not foot pounds, like i was scratching my head at initially. I just tightened it back down, then gave it another little bump
finger snug up by the head of ratchet.. its a steel faster in a aluminum thread to secure a plastic sensor.. just tight enough to keep if from falling out

Registered
2019 LTZ
Anyone use this to reduce the amount of contamination to the MAP sensor?
Just ordered one. Thanks for the information..!

Oops, I see that Viper had one and it still got all plugged up. Well, maybe that saved me 70.00.....:p

At $15.38 for the sensor, it might be a good part to keep in your ready parts pack.

Super Moderator

Reactions: usmc616

Registered
2018 2500 LTZ Z71 Custom Sport
Anyone use this to reduce the amount of contamination to the MAP sensor?

Oops, I see that Viper had one and it still got all plugged up. Well, maybe that saved me 70.00.....:p

At $15.38 for the sensor, it might be a good part to keep in your ready parts pack.

Two kinds of ships in the Navy, Submarines and Targets...

Registered
I just cleaned mine. I have 25K on the clock. light towing once in awhile (7k or less). All clean now. I'll start doing this every other oil change. Thanks OP!

Registered

Registered
Thx

thanks, Viper!

BTW, solid move with your young man. We were blessed with 3 sons, all gearheads and USMC..(Uncle Sam鈥檚 Misguided Children) ;)
OOHRAH

Reactions: cfell
21 - 40 of 95 Posts