Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
81 - 100 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Denali HD
218 Posts
Thank for the sticky! I'm ordering one as well. But I'm coming up with a different part number????
1620158048685.png

·
Super Moderator
1,126 Posts

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Since you are both agreeable to most anything (?), it might be nice to get a reading (both temp and pressure) with the old dirty TMAP, then clean old TMAP and read again, then read with a new TMAP to see what differences there might be between the 3 options.

Reactions: cfell

·
Super Moderator
1,126 Posts
Lol, sounds like a decent science fair project. If disconnecting the batteries didn't clear all the tune select alerts on satellite radio, I'd be tempted to do it sooner rather than later.
It's a pain setting them back up since the only way to set it is to be actively listening to the music artist of interest.

@Ron505 , I believe the RA website is just plain wrong. Our trucks have a TMAP, not just a MAP. I went to ACdelco, and it doesn't list what you showed.

Reactions: Ron505

·
Super Moderator
2017 GMC Denali 2500HD, 3.5" Rough Country Lift, 305/55R20 Yokohama Geolandar A/T
2,210 Posts
Ok. Spacer installed, sensor cleaned. Truck runs with no codes thrown....yet. Took it for a 5 mile drive and let it idle for a few minutes. Seems to idle smoother, and slightly less pedal lag, but that could be placebo effect, too.

For anyone struggling with the MAP sensor connector, do NOT pull the sensor out first. Disconnect the harness before removing the sensor. Pull the white/gray tab back then press it down while pulling the harness backward from the sensor. It was snug.

My sensor was very very very caked with soot. I don't even know how my truck was even reading anything from that sensor.

My youngest boy was also "helping". I had to kick him off the job when he found out the negative battery cable makes sparks.... :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
How the **** does this dumb sensor disconnect?!
I would be curious to know if you notice any MPG increase as well with how caked that thing was!!

By the look of it, I dont believe what your feeling behind the skinny pedal is any placebo. Seeing how much it affected my truck with much less, I'm sure it's legit.

Happy to see another save!

·
Super Moderator
1,126 Posts
Wow @Melonhead1102 , that's some charcoal buildup big-time!
I'm sure the sparking incident was incidental, just be careful with these modern electronics. Don't know how many voltage spikes they have in them these days...

·
Registered
2017, 2500HD, LTZ, front guard, Duraflap mudguards, Leer bed topper
857 Posts
When the gray tab breaks, you have to lift the catch from the MAP side.. Yes, mine was broken by mechanics because I had work done by dealer. Hope this picture helps see where to pry up..

·
Registered
2017 Denali HD
218 Posts
Thanks again for this post. Here's 65k miles. Derringer on for the last 10k.
20210508_164355.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2017 GMC Denali 2500HD, 3.5" Rough Country Lift, 305/55R20 Yokohama Geolandar A/T
2,210 Posts
I would be curious to know if you notice any MPG increase as well with how caked that thing was!!

By the look of it, I dont believe what your feeling behind the skinny pedal is any placebo. Seeing how much it affected my truck with much less, I'm sure it's legit.

Happy to see another save!
So far 1 full tank of fuel plus some has gone through the truck since cleaning the TMAP. It does look like a healthy mpg increase. My average mph on this tank is showing right around what it always does, so it doesn't indicate any more or less idling than normal, or any drastic change in driving habit or location. It looks like I may be seeing .5mpg average increase just from cleaning that sensor. I'll know more after a few more tanks of fuel are logged and compared to previous calculations. (If anyone is interested in a good phone app for tracking fuelups and maintenance and stuff, Autosist is great. Can give details elsewhere so I don't hijack this thread too much)

Nothing to write home about, but if it increased the fuel economy that much it obviously is making the truck run better.

Glad I finally did this. Hopefully other L5P owners take notice of this thread and check out their sensors. I think @duecedriver had made a similar thread about this issue as well, so there's not much reason frequent forum-goers wouldn't have seen this info at least once.

·
Banned
1,343 Posts
So far 1 full tank of fuel plus some has gone through the truck since cleaning the TMAP. It does look like a healthy mpg increase. My average mph on this tank is showing right around what it always does, so it doesn't indicate any more or less idling than normal, or any drastic change in driving habit or location. It looks like I may be seeing .5mpg average increase just from cleaning that sensor. I'll know more after a few more tanks of fuel are logged and compared to previous calculations. (If anyone is interested in a good phone app for tracking fuelups and maintenance and stuff, Autosist is great. Can give details elsewhere so I don't hijack this thread too much)

Nothing to write home about, but if it increased the fuel economy that much it obviously is making the truck run better.

Glad I finally did this. Hopefully other L5P owners take notice of this thread and check out their sensors. I think @duecedriver had made a similar thread about this issue as well, so there's not much reason frequent forum-goers wouldn't have seen this info at least once.
thanks for the shoutout.. yeah.. made this observation long before this thread but it got no traction ...

in a military jet, given the criticality of data from this sensor, it would have a redundant unit somewhere else on the intake and the inputs would be averaged

·
Registered
15 Posts
16k miles. Just bought the truck a couple weeks ago. Looks pretty good but cleaned it anyways

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
108 Posts
16k miles. Just bought the truck a couple weeks ago. Looks pretty good but cleaned it anyways
That's pretty much what mine looked like at 19k.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Bought a new sensor today, and a can of CRC Sensor Kleen, project for this weekend. Yes, I Will disconnect both batteries...;)
I have 72000 KM's on unit ( 45000 miles for you backwards, ******* types):LOL::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
273 Posts
What, can't write *******? Color RED, body part Neck???

81 - 100 of 116 Posts