Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hadn't seen more than a few post on PCV reroute for the L5P so I thought I'd share mine. Earlier gen hose required 5/8" hose it seems while the L5P uses 7/8" id.
I chose not to use the stock short section as the hose I used is very good quality and retains its form.

I have a breather filter to go on the end coming shortly to keep bugs out as well.
This is the hose I used.
Vibrant Performance Braided Flexible Race Hoses 11973

Cap on the intake is also 7/8" and HSP makes a high quality one that is on order so currently just using the standard Dorman until that comes in.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Looks clean. I am relatively new (less than 2 years) to the Duramax world, can this be accomplished with out a tune? I don't want any limp mode and check engine lights... I have a 2019 2500
Thanks

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks clean. I am relatively new (less than 2 years) to the Duramax world, can this be accomplished with out a tune? I don't want any limp mode and check engine lights... I have a 2019 2500
Thanks
Yes has no effect on any monitored engine parameters.

·
Registered
2020 AT4HD 3500
29 Posts
Can you point me in the right direction for this hose? I'm having a hard time finding the same hose

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
2013 GMC Denali 2500 CCSB 4x4
118 Posts
Looks a lot nicer than the ghetto fuel hose I used on my LML 😊. At least the connection on the L5P engine points straight up, instead of being angled toward the front like LMLs are. I ended up hacking up the stock hose just to get a formed 90 degree bend, then brass 90, then back. I used a 3/4” tubing bug screen accessory at the other end.

·
Registered
2019 LTZ
94 Posts
What are you using to plug the inlet to the turbo mouthpiece..?

·
Registered
2019 LTZ
94 Posts
i got regular hose on it but it doesn't look right and you cant buy hose from gm
Don’t you need to plug the inlet on the turbo mouthpiece that the PCV hose was previously attached to ..?

·
Registered
2021 Denali HD
208 Posts
Any smoke or vapor coming out while running? I did this to my fords, and Cummins years ago, and they would smoke and stink pretty bad..

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Don’t you need to plug the inlet on the turbo mouthpiece that the PCV hose was previously attached to ..?
I think he needs the stock L hose as he isn't bypassing it. I'll check tomorrow.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Any smoke or vapor coming out while running? I did this to my fords, and Cummins years ago, and they would smoke and stink pretty bad..
Yes there is a constant slow vapor coming out at all times.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Any closer photos of the block?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
DO YOU HAVE YOUR OLD HOSE YOU PULLED OFF? i need 1 cause chipmuck chewed a hole in mine.and you cant get part from chevy.
I found the old turbo horn but the hose wasn't with it. So I may have trashed it. If I do find it I'll let you know.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Why not run a catch can? That way you trap all the unwanted oil etc and then still allow for a vacuum in the crank case.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts