Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting a common thread for early problems. Please just leave a post of problem and resolution. This is just a thread for reporting problems not trying to resolve them.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
607 Posts
We just turn in our (3) Demos, putting 3-4k on each of them (they all 3 had 5K+ when we got them). I don't have the full report yet, but I do know they all performed decent.

1) LML 70mph+ vibration is still there (on one truck) (New wheels/tires/RFB/Driveshaft/Front Wheel bearings did nothing)
2) One truck had some transmission shifting issues towing 15k. TCM was replaced, issue corrected.

These are the only two items I'm aware of that came up on the negative side. The transmission shifting was corrected with a new TCM, but the LML 70+ vibration still remains unsolved.

·
Registered
7 Posts
NOx sensors have been an issue on mine and at least one or two other peoples' trucks on here. So far, I've had the CEL come on twice now in 1200 miles for the NOx sensor. Just got the truck back from the dealer again today. Also, the first time the truck went in for the NOx sensor, they also replaced a seal on the rear differential, which was at about 850 miles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2017 gmc 3500 duramax 6.6 took off today and dash displayed reduced power the mil lighy came on and the engine stopped would not turn over turned key nothing after a couple of min. Would turn over no start
throwing p0087 code

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2017 gmc 3500 duramax 6.6 took off today and dash displayed reduced power the mil lighy came on and the engine stopped would not turn over turned key nothing after a couple of min. Would turn over no start
throwing p0087 code
Low frp. Mebob said there is a hpfp part change so I wonder if they're finding issues with the new fuel system

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
So far the truck has been great, only real issue for me has been the way the new programmed transmission shifts. I'm hoping they will improve that in the future.
I also hear a ticking sound at times, usually when standing for a while like at a drive thru, I believe its from the fuel pump on the driver side. From what I've read it normal.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
CEL and code P20EE after 470 miles; NOx sensor and/or CAT performance. It cleared itself after 200 more miles while taking it to the dealer. Dealer ran tests for 3 hours and couldn't find anything. Took the truck back and now have added another 400 miles with no more issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is probably my 8th (maybe 10th) duramax since 08.... and this is my first post! Not so happy with my 2017 sierra 2500. Here are the issues so far:

1) engine/tranny surge at low rpm
2) Ticking (tapping) sound on deceleration
3) the big one...... dang thing left me stranded last week! said service traction control on screen and both traction light and check engine light were on. engine would run but vehicle would barely move while in gear. had to have vehicle towed to dealer. dealer said codes had cleared and moved into event history. they couldn't find the cause and gm did not have any other issues reported. so.... brand new truck with 9,000 miles and i can't depend on it. very disappointing

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
This is probably my 8th (maybe 10th) duramax since 08.... and this is my first post! Not so happy with my 2017 sierra 2500. Here are the issues so far:

1) engine/tranny surge at low rpm
2) Ticking (tapping) sound on deceleration
3) the big one...... dang thing left me stranded last week! said service traction control on screen and both traction light and check engine light were on. engine would run but vehicle would barely move while in gear. had to have vehicle towed to dealer. dealer said codes had cleared and moved into event history. they couldn't find the cause and gm did not have any other issues reported. so.... brand new truck with 9,000 miles and i can't depend on it. very disappointing
I noticed a slight "Ticking (tapping) sound on deceleration" also but didn't think much of it. It also seems to only be there when using the exhaust brake.

·
Registered
280 Posts
From what I have heard the ticking is defueling or something with injectors, non-issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's injector learning and is part of the tuning

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
The only issue I am having with mine is transmission shutter around 35mph. Its what I would call bad going up hills at 35mph. GM closed the Preliminary information they were trying to gather information on this issue. Usually meaning they will have a tcm reprogram soon.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The only issue I am having with mine is transmission shutter around 35mph. Its what I would call bad going up hills at 35mph. GM closed the Preliminary information they were trying to gather information on this issue. Usually meaning they will have a tcm reprogram soon.

I did not notice the shutter until 1,800 miles. Hooked up my 5er and made it more noticeable. The greater torque is also noticeable compared to my 2015 LML. Never down shifts while towing but keeps accelerating. Not sure when mine was built but it was on the lot in January. No issues besides the shutter. Not a big fan of the frequent regens. When this truck has a load behind it on the hwy it all makes sense. Around town, not so much. I did not buy it to drive around town though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 104 Posts