Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE DEC 2018: I have since removed these LED bulbs as they began to cause some pretty weird electromagnetic interference that was causing noises and making my backup camera very blurry.

Decided to replace the halogen low beams in my truck with LEDs since it came with projector lenses. I may do the same for the highs and fogs. So far I'm pretty pleased with the results; I am pretty sure I'm not blinding anyone because no one has flicked their beams at me even on dark back roads, and the light is definitely superior (especially out to the sides) to the OEM halogens. I ran these bulbs for four hours continuously while driving from NJ to MD and I did not encounter any heat dissipation issues.

Make sure you consider the clearance issue when selecting bulbs, because the dust caps will prevent many of the longer LEDs from fitting. The bulbs I used will clear the dust caps but without much room to spare.

These are the bulbs I used: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076H9WD19/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Before:

After:

Here's a video that demonstrates removal of the air box, which is necessary to install the passenger-side bulb:

·
Registered
684 Posts
Looks pretty good. Very nice indeed!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts