Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever replace a steering box on 2017? Trips to dealer while I had warranty were met with the usual, we don’t hear it, you have aftermarket parts like steps, wheels and tires that could be the problem. Finally was told it’s the steering box but it’s within spec, out of warranty $2000 dollars to fix and may not cure the problem. I jacked up one side, do have play and it is at the box, rattles like something is gonna fall out from under it at 5-10 mph on bumps or especially on a gravel road.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh btw, been doing it since 11k miles now has 40k. I work several states from home 6-7 10hr days so it been something I really never pursued very hard to get fixed.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Are you sure it is the steering box and not the intermediate steering shaft? If it sounds like its coming from the dash then I would suspect the intermediate steering shaft.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As stated the GM tech says it’s the box, wish it was just the shaft, the first dealer fixed the shaft by inserting up my &$? As usual!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts