Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first diesel, 2019 Sierra 2500HD. 42k miles. Is anyone getting fuel rail pressure codes when towing heavy loads? I've been searching and can see others getting it on older duramax's but not the L5P. (unless my search skills suck, which is a possibility). I have full warranty bumper to bumper till 115k miles. Fuel filter is brand new. It's always P0191 code.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wondered that too. I can't find any info about the injection system pinpointing a specific injector. What I don't understand is why it happens only while towing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate the link. Truck is in the shop still. I’ll post back with what the diesel tech says when I get more info.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All fixed. I was told GM engineering got involved. The solution was to tighten the sensor down over spec on torque, then solder it in so it doesn’t move. Fuel rail pressures are stable now. Crappy fix IMO. What are they gonna do when/if it happens again? Worst case scenario is replace the fuel rail with a new sensor. Glad I bought extra warranty!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
All fixed. I was told GM engineering got involved. The solution was to tighten the sensor down over spec on torque, then solder it in so it doesn’t move. Fuel rail pressures are stable now. Crappy fix IMO. What are they gonna do when/if it happens again? Worst case scenario is replace the fuel rail with a new sensor. Glad I bought extra warranty!
At least it was them doing it and its now on a sheet instead of them blaming you for a cheap fix. I assume so but ill ask anyway, when towing you are in tow haul mode correct?

Also, being that you're having this issue - take a peek at your TMAP and cleaning process. An air/Fuel problem may prove this sensor to be gunked up as well

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh yea, tow/haul mode for sure. I cleaned the TMAP sensor when I bought the truck. It was covered. Ordered a spacer kit a few days ago and an extra sensor to have on hand.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And just like that the fix lasted only a few days. Same code 0191. Popped while sitting at a light idling. Back to the shop. Time to look into lemon laws.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Dam no bueno. Keep us posted what the dealer says. This is more so a good thing they have their rigging on paper to not further put blame on you

·
Registered
2017, 2500HD, LTZ, front guard, Duraflap mudguards, Leer bed topper
867 Posts
If u can lemon, squeeze time… only lemon for original owner in tejaz

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If u can lemon, squeeze time… only lemon for original owner in tejaz
It's all still original warranty. Dealer told me today they were advised by GM to check the wiring harness from the lift pump to the ECM and few other areas. pointless in my opinion, if there was a short or power failure somewhere there should be more issues and likely more ECM codes other than P0191. Maybe a diesel tech here couldn't enlighten me/us?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
UPDATE - Got ahold of the title from California. My truck was marked as a lemon. I'm furious. Got an attorney. Dealership did fix it by putting in a new pump. It had a new pump installed 1400 miles ago before I got the truck. They told me that pump was having voltage issues and this new pump is not. Still.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts