Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dudes and dudettes, I have a problem I really need to get fixed. I have an idea but need some help. I have a 2001 duramax. It runs great but when I want to pass or pick up speed I have power until the service light comes on and cuts the power. The truck will only rev to 2000rpm and run no faster than 65 or 70mph. When I turn it off and it sits for 30mins or more the light is off and it is fine until I want to push it hard. I think it is the EGR valve or the tank fuel pressure sensor. Whatchyall thank?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Does it cut down into underdrive or does it stay in overdrive?

·
Registered
506 Posts
When was the last time you changed the fuel filter.....thats where i would start!!!!!

·
Registered
839 Posts
Do you have a tuner so you can pull the codes?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Fill out your sig so we know what ya got yr, turner, ect...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The first thing I did was change the fuel filter. I don't remember the code # but it said I had a massive fuel leak, but there is no leak.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I have a 6.6 2500hd.
Really......any upgrades???? You said you pulled the codes...you got a turner or did someone else do it??? if you got a turner what kind, what level you running it on???? is it completly stock!!!! The more you can tell us the more likely someone can help:drink

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
I have a 6.6
Not to bust your balls here but all DMaxs are, so all of us do to :rolleyes:

Fuel Pressure Release Valve might be the problem. The truck will go into a fuel starved limp mode if its malfunctioning. Look into a FPR Shim Kit. Real cheap, might fix it and if it doesn't, you only spent $20 to buy it and have it shipped to your door and it'll help in the future

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gotta go

Gotta go guys. Wife has a new outfit for me to check out. But I'll be back tomorrow. It was fun. But also looking to fit my truck with a cooking oil burning system. I saw one on a ford250. Whatchyall think?

·
Registered
47 Posts
cooking oil huh, I've heard of that. Sounds delicious! If you switch it to burn cooking oil will you only be able to burn the Oil or can you switch back and forth to diesel? It'd suck to run out and be begging Mcdonalds to fill your tank...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts