Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dudes and dudettes, I have a problem I really need to get fixed. I have an idea but need some help. I have a 2001 duramax. It runs great but when I want to pass or pick up speed I have power until the service light comes on and cuts the power. The truck will only rev to 2000rpm and run no faster than 65 or 70mph. When I turn it off and it sits for 30mins or more the light is off and it is fine until I want to push it hard. I think it is the EGR valve or the tank fuel pressure sensor. Whatchyall thank?

· Registered
298 Posts
Does it cut down into underdrive or does it stay in overdrive?

· Registered
541 Posts
When was the last time you changed the fuel filter.....thats where i would start!!!!!

· Registered
541 Posts
Fill out your sig so we know what ya got yr, turner, ect...

· Registered
541 Posts
I have a 6.6 2500hd.
Really......any upgrades???? You said you pulled the codes...you got a turner or did someone else do it??? if you got a turner what kind, what level you running it on???? is it completly stock!!!! The more you can tell us the more likely someone can help:drink

· Stupid Has The Balls
2,702 Posts
I have a 6.6
Not to bust your balls here but all DMaxs are, so all of us do to :rolleyes:

Fuel Pressure Release Valve might be the problem. The truck will go into a fuel starved limp mode if its malfunctioning. Look into a FPR Shim Kit. Real cheap, might fix it and if it doesn't, you only spent $20 to buy it and have it shipped to your door and it'll help in the future

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.