Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
17,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my Dell(POS) 1525 laptop took a poop today, dunno what the F is wrong wit it this time, but battery wasnt charging yada yada yada so.....

post what laptop you use for EFI only, as it will be it's only use for me. Im looking at the the Acer mini and Asus mini, both right at $300. Need to get one this week so I can have all my tunes back...:D

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Brian - r u going to use the laptop for only EFI ? I have a friend that has the Asus and says it's great. My Mom has the Samsung Netbook and has had no problems. I think either one would be a good choice.
Good Luck

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Minis are nice but would think it would suck for efi if you have to show a graph or something big. Plus the cheap screens mess with your eyes. Hell my eyes hurt right now and Ive only been on it for a hour. But it sure is portable fits in my pouch pocket in most of my hoodies!

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
u wanna know how to get your battery to charge? get the mother board replaced..i also have a dell POS and my battery wouldnt charge got the motherboard replaced and now it works

·
Registered
63 Posts
Brian,
Had the same problem with my dell this week also. It was 9-10 yrs old. Ended up ordering another one from Dell. Just remember, minis dont come with cd drive.

·
Banned
17,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Brian - r u going to use the laptop for only EFI ? I have a friend that has the Asus and says it's great. My Mom has the Samsung Netbook and has had no problems. I think either one would be a good choice.
Good Luck
Yep only EFI.

Brian,
Had the same problem with my dell this week also. It was 9-10 yrs old. Ended up ordering another one from Dell. Just remember, minis dont come with cd drive.
Crap well that sucks... Im sure I can get a crappy external CD drive at wallymart LOL

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
Brian i saw you just called me i cant answer phones in my house as soon as i pick up i lose service texts no problem and its snowing out so i dont wanna go out to talk lol

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Best buy has a nice external cdrom drive for 59.00

·
Registered
405 Posts
i have a lenovo s10 it is awesome the only bad thing is no cd drive but you could pick one up pretty cheap this thing has been through a lil abuse and has never got a virus and does awesome with efi

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
pc's suck! Too bad you cant use a mac

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have a toshiba Satellite. I don't have EFI. I hate this freaking computer. Worst one i've ever owned. Problem after problem. Now the screen flickers and goes compeletly blank if its not set on a stand or table. It's still under warranty but it blows so bad I don't want to get it fixed. Anyhow, I don't recommend toshiba.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
hate those little netbook basturds. They're just hard to use. I picked up an old toshiba sattelite for my efi stuff. It stays in thebtruck at all times. Anything old with windows xp will work great just format the sucker and it's like a brand new computer

1 - 20 of 31 Posts