Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Its my understanding, and i could be wrong here, the cruise control uses some type of algorithm between engine speed and wheel speed. When it needs to increase vehicle speed it increases engine speed (or downshift etc) By changing the gear ratios, your wheel speed sensors do not match the parameters for the engine speed sensors. Instead of making you accelerate to 110 or decelerate to 27, it just becomes a fault in the system and that's that. I'm sure it can be tuned out tho

If you think thats crazy, on my NBS gasser I lost cruise control on a random Tuesday but nothing else. Turns out by putting an LED bulb in the driver side taillight, it messed with resistance somewhere down the line and it no longer worked. This was a common issue, im not joking lol.
I don't know why it would be any different than any other truck with a gear change. Yes your speedometer will be slightly wrong but when you set cruise it should still set at whatever the speedo says. Never had an issue with cruise control and changing gears unless this is something new and retarded with this truck.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts