Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm asking for confirmation or correction on my understanding of what's needed to launch this thing in 4x4 as best and safe (to the truck) as possible. Angles are pictured below.

From reading on here, it looks like I need to back these bolts out a bit to flatten out the cv angle. I launched at just 5psi on the street tune the other day and holy hell! Put my wife's head into the headrest lol. It didn't hop but it did wanna go left a little.

I got tie rod sleeves coming today. I've seen on here some people say that's enough. Some say pitman and idler arm braces are needed. Some say center link and various other combinations. What's truly needed to run it down the track?

The trans is getting built, twins and cp3 are coming this month so I'm just trying to find the most effective and economical front end support.

I plan on heading to Ennis this weekend. A ford vs Chevy event is hard to resist, but Id rather not leave on a tow truck.

If yall could, post what you've used for front end support, if it did or didn't work, etc. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well got the sleeves put on today, dropped the front end about 1/4in and got an alignment. We'll see how she does tonight. New angles pictured below.

If anyone is going to Ennis Tx tonight shoot me a message

Attachments

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
With that kind of power and to properly set it up for 4 wheel launches, I would invest in HD tie rods (Rare Parts), and the Cognito PISK kit. I guess centerlink is optional, I've never had one. And may want to invest in some traction bars for the rear too

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks...looks like the pisk is priced fairly decent too. Might be cheap insurance

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.