Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, need your opinion on an LB7 issue. I just replaced injectors at 190k with 30% over. Upon completion the truck idled great no more smoke and a smooth idle; however, once I hit it hard and put engine under load it immediately starting knocking with a hideous noise. Shut off truck immediately and seemed fine after. Truck runs and drives fine when I keep acceleration under 2200 rpms. As soon as I go past that the knock comes back and spews white smoke out the exhaust. Took it to diesel shop and they ran a scanner on it, all balance rates were perfect under that rpm, but once it starting knocking injector 7 spiked at 512.0? The mechanic said he’d never seen anything like it. Any ideas? I’m sure I’ll have to end up replacing them again but wanted to check if anyone has dealt with this. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Whose injectors?
X2 for what cody said, contact who you purchased the injectors from

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.