Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i know LB7s are prone to injector problems. So I try to keep my injectors "fresh". I usually try to add DieselKleen (White Bottle) to the tank, every other fill-up. Is their anything else I should know or do?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I put 10 oz in every tank. I think a good filling station and fresh fuel filters are just as important.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
a secondary fuel filtration system or a lift pump

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
i also use diesel kleen, that and clean fuel. the injectors will fail but keeping everything clean will help some.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
i use amsoil additive and i did notice a little diff in mpg and it runs smoother and quieter

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i also use diesel kleen, that and clean fuel. the injectors will fail but keeping everything clean will help some.
Wat? Is it a GURANTEE that the injectors will fail?

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
yep all injectors will fail at some point

·
Vendor
10,964 Posts
i use amsoil additive and i did notice a little diff in mpg and it runs smoother and quieter
I have gotten a little better fuel economy with AMSOIL additives as well I am running the Fuel Concentrate and the cetane booster in every tank.

If I can help anyone with fuel additives or anything else AMSOIL offers, don't hesitate to ask.

Take care,

·
Registered
99 Posts
Put A Lil Tranny Fluid In Every Fill Up And Youll Never Have Problem, Plus It Cheaper

·
Registered
9 Posts
LB7 & Additives

I have used Schaeffer fuel additive on 2 of my older Chev diesels and had good luck with injectors so I have stuck with their diesel treat 2000 on my new Duramax.

·
Vendor
3,529 Posts
I use diesel kleen and 2 stoke oil, go back and forth between the 2. I check the balance rates often and after using the 2 stoke oil for a couple tanks they were almost perfect, the most out of balance was +/-.3 in park or drive. Before I had a few between +/-1-2. Plus 2 stoke oil is only $9 a gallon and has lasted me a few months.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
How much 2 stroke are you putting in a tank?

·
Rode the Short Bus
2,380 Posts

·
Vendor
3,529 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
used tranny fluid does the same thing as well as more cleaning factors because of its detergent content, plus you can get it free from tranny shops.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts