Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my AD II 165 in today from Mad Jacks.

any body who's done one have any tips, tricks, suggestions, pointers etc :help ??

the directions dont seem difficult at all after reading over them tonight but

there always seem to be little things that dont make it in that should :)

any helps appreciated

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
On the Lb7 there will be a plastic tube inside the fill hose. Do not cut it. Pull it out and run it threw the T. Also pay close attention to the directions when installing the fittings on the one side where there is the 2. Have to install one first and leave it at a certain angle.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On the Lb7 there will be a plastic tube inside the fill hose. Do not cut it. Pull it out and run it threw the T. Also pay close attention to the directions when installing the fittings on the one side where there is the 2. Have to install one first and leave it at a certain angle.
"On the Lb7 there will be a plastic tube inside the fill hose. Do not cut it. Pull it out and run it threw the T."

fill hose?

the only T in the system i see is the one to splice into the fuel tank spout line for the return...

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
You sure you aren't talking about an AD150 instead of an AD165.

Edit, you are right... Read it wrong, thought you were talking about the pick up tube.

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
nope its the 165 with the adj reg and quick connects
That comment was directed to him. Install is pretty easy and straight forward, just make sure you have the fuel line disconnect tools.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
"On the Lb7 there will be a plastic tube inside the fill hose. Do not cut it. Pull it out and run it threw the T."

fill hose?

the only T in the system i see is the one to splice into the fuel tank spout line for the return
Thats the one I am talking about. There is a plastic hose inside of it.

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
Thats the one I am talking about. There is a plastic hose inside of it.
You made a good point, I mis-read / understood what you were saying as well. i thought you were talking about cutting the pick up tube.

OP, you will have to cut the hose between your fuel fill up port and the tank, there is a plastic tube inside of this you don't want to cut. This is what he is talking about. Be aware of this when you decide where you install the "T".

·
Registered
222 Posts
What happens if u cut that plastic tube?

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
is it inside the fill up port tube?? how do i not cut it and still get the return T in line?

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
On the LMM, you just need to make sure the T fitting is far enough from the fill port. I squeezed the hose till the tube ended and then moved further away from it.

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so it only comes down a few inches from the fill port? i just feel down the line until i dont feel the smaller inner tube anymore?

would it make since to install it closet to the tank, IF what i just wrote is correct?

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
so it only comes down a few inches from the fill port? i just feel down the line until i dont feel the smaller inner tube anymore?

would it make since to install it closet to the tank, IF what i just wrote is correct?
I would let someone confirm any differences in the LB7, because I don't know for sure on the LB7.

That said, it goes quite a few inches from the fill port, but everything is right.

I didn't want to be too close to the tank or to the fill port.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
My buddy with a LB7 and I tried installing our ADIIs last night and it we couldnt get the fuel line disconnected. We have those plastic ring disconnects but didnt help, they dont look like what the instructions say. You guys have any pointers? Sorry to hijack

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My buddy with a LB7 and I tried installing our ADIIs last night and it we couldnt get the fuel line disconnected. We have those plastic ring disconnects but didnt help, they dont look like what the instructions say. You guys have any pointers? Sorry to hijack
Don't worry about it

Best way I found to get the. Off is put the disconnect tool on the line, push the line that you want to slide off into the tool and Then pull the tool in towards the line until you feel it "fall/grab" the last little bit. When you feel this the tabs inside have released and you can slide the line rt off.

And the biggest thing, be patient :) some are packed full of dirt and debris making them harder to get off.

·
Recovering Diesel Addict
1,074 Posts
Spray the crap out of the connections with brake clean, then try your disconnects. usually full, sometimes have to work a little screw driver in there to break it up some as well, don't bend the tabs tho.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
My buddy's and my truck don't have the fuel lines like the instructions show

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide App

1 - 20 of 50 Posts