Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there have a Batmo in there LB7 and have any real results form it?
any Dyno charts to prove it did what it is said to do??

i had one in my LBZ and it sounded sweet, but i don't think it helped spool enough to justify the install on a VGT turbo.
But as you all know the LB7 snail is a bit, well , slow on spool up.
without putting 2500-3000 into a turbo, did the BatMo help enough or should i just wait.?
thanks

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this is true with anything i guess, im just planing out my new to me 03 GMC. it just got heads and ARP studs and injectors before i picked it up,
going to do the normal 4" exhaust and a FASS lift pump with filters.
clean out the intake horn and maybe a cold air kit, maybe.
prob go with Idaho Robs Auto-cal, just to try his tuning.
i wan't it to get the best milage i can. so its staying low with 265/65R17 cooper AT3.

i was looking at a down pipe and though, while i was there a BATMO couldn't hurt, but if it isn;t what they say it is i may say screw it and save for a 366 kit

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
well I don't have any dyno readings, but there is no doubt that the BatMo, in my setup with tunes, spools way quicker and the truck is a ton of fun to drive.
I do not, and never had, plan to upgrade to a different turbo setup, so for me, the BatMo was the right choice.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well I don't have any dyno readings, but there is no doubt that the BatMo, in my setup with tunes, spools way quicker and the truck is a ton of fun to drive.
I do not, and never had, plan to upgrade to a different turbo setup, so for me, the BatMo was the right choice.
thanks for the info, im trying to build a parts pile to do all at once, i cut a tendon in my middle finger so all i can change is the channel on the T.V lol

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
There have been a couple different dyno results I have seen with about a 30 hp gain IIRC.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Is a batmowheel worth it in an lb7? Sorry don't mean to hijack the thread but I'm interested as well recently got a lift pump to install

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
For the very minimal gain, I don't think they are worth it. Spend the money on a more worthwhile upgrade...IMO.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
I would bother your stock trans wont handle what the ihi will put out in stock forum. ihi will make 530wrhp i personally have done it. Also if you did want to upgrade either take the 400 dollars and spend it on the ihi 64mm from dts but again i wouldn't waste money on the batmo in stock forum.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Where can I find the 64mm dts turbo? I've searched google to find their website or to just find the part and came up empty

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts