Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have an 04 LB7 duramax, i'm putting a boost gauge on it because the edge cts only reads to 24 psi. Will it still give me an accurate reading it i T into the boost line that is on the turbo? or should i drill and tap into intake manifold? i would prefere to just T into that line since it will be easier and less messy. But which will be more accurate? thanks

Registered
Edit: im an idiot and was thinking egt gauge for half my post and was drinking:rofl
Pull the ic pipe off the intercooler. Drill and tap with the truck off obviously and you can easily stick a shop vac up the pipe and suck out fragments or use a rag to wipe them out. Just cover the intercooler end so nothing falls in there. Or you can T into that wastegate line. Dirtyhookerdiesel sells a little T with extended line you can buy. That works well if youre running a boost increase valve. Put the T before the valve though.

Registered
I deleted my intake heater & drilled the plug for a boost line. Probably will show a little less pressure after the intercooler.

Registered
Just tap the wastegate line like you mentioned. Quick an Easy that way and you'll get an accurate reading also

1 - 4 of 4 Posts