Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im going to delete my EGR off of my 04 LB7 CA emissions Truck. I know to delete the smog pump, get a new belt. I know in the first picture that those lines circled will be linked together. The coolant line in the second picture does that get blocked off or is that rerouted into another line as well?

Attachments

·
Former GM Tech and parts
2,523 Posts
I've not actually had my hands in a Cali emissions LB7, but I've had my hands in TONS of federal emission LB7s. Where does that hose go that goes towards the drivers side? Is it turbo coolant supply or return or something? Also, is that a new turbo? It looks suspiciously free of rust on the exhaust housing lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've not actually had my hands in a Cali emissions LB7, but I've had my hands in TONS of federal emission LB7s. Where does that hose go that goes towards the drivers side? Is it turbo coolant supply or return or something? Also, is that a new turbo? It looks suspiciously free of rust on the exhaust housing lol
No the line that i am showing splits off of the hoses that come off of the egr but i havent read anything on what i do with that line? And yes its a new Stealth 64 turbo! It rips now!

Attachments

·
Former GM Tech and parts
2,523 Posts
No the line that i am showing splits off of the hoses that come off of the egr but i havent read anything on what i do with that line? And yes its a new Stealth 64 turbo! It rips now!
I know it splits off that line, but where does it go? That's what I don't know, so I can't tell if its something that can be blocked off or if you just put a 'T' in the hoses and hook it back up.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know it splits off that line, but where does it go? That's what I don't know, so I can't tell if its something that can be blocked off or if you just put a 'T' in the hoses and hook it back up.
I figured it out, its the PCV hoses! So i think if i can get the PCV hoses off of a federal truck then i will be good because i just need to get rid of those hoses that go over the Y bridge because i am doing wherli Fab Y bridge. Now i just got to find federal pcv hoses or make my own and re route it!

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Take this with a grain of salt, but I believe you can reroute those hoses across to each side of the valve cover. Might check You Tube I seen it somewhere on there. Im not much help since mine wasn't california emissions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts