Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my truck thats in my sig is missing coolant. Ive added half a gallon to top off to the fill line twice in past two weeks and now its needs another 1/2 gallon.
No sign of coolant anywhere, even added dye and used black light, no signs anywhere. Even checked inside cab and firewall for leaks, checked around and inside compression side of turbo
overflow tube dry
overflow bottle seems to never have pressure no bubbles in overflow while running.
Oil is not milky
no white smoke out exhaust
no coolant burning smell
the damn coolant aliens keep abducting my truck! :cookoo[1]:

I only drive 100-150 miles a week in town traffic
Coolant gauge in dash reads 170-180 but edge OBDii reads 130-145
no check engine light but I am throwing pending codes for glow plug circuit A and brake missing data.... atleast i think thats what they are, ill double check in the morning

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have been down this road with mine. If it isn't on the outside or in the oil that only leaves one place, in the engine. Doesn't necessarily mean head gasket could be injector cup.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been down this road with mine. If it isn't on the outside or in the oil that only leaves one place, in the engine. Doesn't necessarily mean head gasket could be injector cup.
I have been having issues with fuel returning to tank when parked up hill causing truck to stall after first start up. Mechanic who just did my injectors claims it a loose clamp on a fuel line, but ive read on here that injector cups could cause same symptoms,...
one solution to fit both problems?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts