Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Current issue is my 03 Sierra sounds like its cranking strong but will never fire up. I had both batteries tested at the local parts stores and they tested good. I figured since the batteries tested good and wouldn't hold a charge it may be the alternator. It looked easy enough to get off so I pulled it and had it tested at all 3 local parts stores and it tested bad at all 3. I thought I got real lucky. Welllll it turns out the truck still won't start (maybe the alternator was on its way out anyhow???). There is no leak at the fuel filter housing when you pump the primer real good and when you open the bleeder valve plenty of fuel gushes out. When I hit the Schrader valve near the alternator fuel sprays out good there too. I'm at a loss of what to try next. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Issues leading up to this were;

1.Batteries dying ( could be because I let it sit for 2-4 weeks at a time before driving it). I had to constantly charge the batteries or jump it off to drive the truck. When that stopped working I had both batteries tested and replaced the bad one under warranty then it started firing up just like it should. After a couple months the batteries started dying again so once again I would have to constantly charge the batteries or jump the truck off to drive it.

2. Language started switching from English to Spanish or French while going down the road(could usually switch it back while driving). Occasionally it would toggle between all 3 languages while driving. After starting and stopping a few times I could switch it back to English so not too big a deal.

3. I ran out of fuel at 1/4 tank. Added 5 gal.of diesel and it fired up right away. From there on I would fill it at 1/2 a tank.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP BOYS!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
726 Posts
Wrong forum. You may have better luck posting in the LB7 sub-forum...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts