Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Suburban 2500 LB7
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to spend some time tidying up some sloppy wires and wire loom as well as install a new Bosch FPR and 3” turbo intake horn. While I was going over my work and making sure I plugged everything back in and got all my tools out, I came across this loose MAP sensor just tucked away not installed into anything. Quick google search and the normal LB7 MAP sensor locations, I don’t seem to have?? What am I missing? Where does it go?

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior Gas
Light Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Car Auto part
Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive air manifold Auto part Gas
Hand Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Vehicle

My other issue is trying to figure out where the oil pressure sensor wire is located coming from the instrument cluster into the engine bay? My Chilton says it’s a single tan/white wire, but where would I start looking for it? My oil pressure gauge is inop because there’s nothing plugged into the sensor.

Hood Automotive tire Bumper Safety glove Tints and shades

·
Registered
407 Posts
Ok unless I’m having a brain fart, or I’m missing something… something in your third picture doesn’t look right to me?
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Car Automotive design

an you learn something new everyday look at that! Figured out how to make the pictures bigger!

·
Registered
2004 Suburban 2500 LB7
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok unless I’m having a brain fart, or I’m missing something… something in your third picture doesn’t look right to me? View attachment 1090563
an you learn something new everyday look at that! Figured out how to make the pictures bigger!
Haha! Thanks for the pics again Super! This is exactly where I’m confused. My intercooler pipe doesn’t look like that. It doesn’t have a spot next to the intake air heater coil.

Is it not a MAP sensor then!?

·
Registered
2004 Suburban 2500 LB7
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, found one forum saying it’s most likely the Baro sensor and NOT a MAP sensor…can anyone confirm? I guess I can try and pull a part number off it and search that.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Oh wow hang on an give me a few even I have myself second guessing what I’m evening saying now 😂😂 I’m about to go pop my hood after work haha

·
Registered
407 Posts
O
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Gas Automotive exterior Auto part
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle brake Automotive exterior Bumper

Ok the first two pictures are my truck, I know for sure my trucks a 2002 haha and the bottom picture is of a 2001, looks exactly likes yours, ive never seen a 01 or worked on it but there’s definitely a difference in the piping and boots, from the looks of it that sensor just hangs on that bracket anyways so being tucked away seems like it would be ok still? Disclaimer I’m by no means an expert lmao

·
Registered
2004 Suburban 2500 LB7
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What the heck! Ok…just went out and scoured my engine bay again to find my MAP sensor. I think I found it! You guys tell me though. Passenger side intake manifold?? Not the plenum, looks like the actual intakr

The first pic, the turbo intake horn is what is in the right side of the pic and the blue coupler is the intercooler boot…for location reference.

I was told by the PO it was a 2003 LB7. My local diesel performance shop said that it was a 2002 LB7 when he hooked up his laptop. Do I have a 2003 motor and maybe a 2002 ECM/computer?

This is my first Duramax so I’m clueless guys. Looking for guidance! Any input!?

Tire Wheel Helmet Automotive tire Tread

Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Gas

·
Registered
407 Posts
Lord have mercy 😂😂 you’ve gone way above my head of knowing if it’s a 02 or 03 with the ecm interchanged, I don’t have a single clue about that, hopefully someone will come in a give you an idea

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
The MAP is always on the pressurized side of the engine, after the intercooler, on the passenger side, before the compressed air goes into the engine. In the attached picture, #13 is the MAP sensor location for an LMM.

Attachments

Reactions: BOOM_FIST

·
Registered
2004 Suburban 2500 LB7
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That’s good to know, Ron. I still didn’t see anything along that path on mine. Confused…

1 - 12 of 12 Posts