Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have a 2004 Chevy with the lb7, 185k miles, the other day I was driving, hit a bump, radio screen shut off, dash shut off and fuel light came on( full tank). Turned the truck off, fuel light stayed on but cluster worked. This morning I have dead batteries and when I hit bumps, dash shuts off and battery light comes on and check engine light, then goes back to normal. Can someone point me in a direction to look for something, truck has new batteries, terminals and when driving shows 14.3 volts. Thankyou

· Registered
7,491 Posts
Check your battery voltage in the morning before starting with a volt meter and let us know what it is. Both batteries should have almost exactly the same voltage reading, if not, please note each battery reading. Is this problem once in a great while or consistent day after day? Sounds like some wiring is shorting out somewhere (dead battery) or a connector pin is loosing contact (dropouts dash shutoff, etc).

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright, supposed to get down into the teens tonight, was a rare issue, 2 times in the last year for dead batteries, then 2 times in the last week. The wiring rub issue I’ll look into ( just got new fenders about a month ago)

· Registered
8 Posts
I am having this issue right now, the dash issue was happening every once in a while, then 2 nights ago, the truck was running fine, parked it for a couple hours then the truck was dead. In the morning it will only start with a jump, after that it will start on its own. Have you found any solutions to your situation?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.