Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,
My 03 is a 2WD, the front suspension is pretty well worn. I was looking around for pieces & parts. Most everything I found is for lifted or extreme 4WD stuff. I just wanna rebuild a stock trucks front end. Do you-all know of a company that has a rebuild kit? Other than too piece meal it at Rock Auto I have not found much.
Can anyone point me in a direction?

Thanks Again,
Chris

·
Registered
17 Posts
Anything close to "stock" really isn't available as a kit. I would recommend piecing it together through RockAuto since there arn't that many parts. You should upgrade the tierods at the very least. Easy cheap upgrade that can work with all the stock stuff.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea thatts the direction I am going. I used to do nothing but front end work many years ago. Have ball joint and bushing press but from what I see probably best to go with a complete upper and lower A arms, bushings and B joints installed. From what I read the tie rods are a weak link.
Thanks Chris

·
Registered
492 Posts
Sleeves is all you need for the tie rods.

·
Registered
10,054 Posts
I had a big hp truck with just sleeves and never had an issue with beating on it regularly with 4x4 launches. I did eventually end up putting krytonite tie rods on but for other reasons

·
Premium Member
9,717 Posts
If your needing new tie rods anyways why not upgrade?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey All,
My 03 is a 2WD, the front suspension is pretty well worn. I was looking around for pieces & parts. Most everything I found is for lifted or extreme 4WD stuff. I just wanna rebuild a stock trucks front end. Do you-all know of a company that has a rebuild kit? Other than too piece meal it at Rock Auto I have not found much.
Can anyone point me in a direction?

Thanks Again,
Chris
About 5500 miles ago I had to replace some of my components. I had terrible death wobble. This is the kit I went with. So far it's holding up really well. 13 Pc Upper Control Arm Tie Rod Ball Joint Pitman Idler Arm Sway Bar Links 8-Lug | eBay
I think it was $160 when I bought it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts