Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 gmc lb7 completely stock that I just bought off a guy with 149xxx. He told me that he thought he’s got bad injectors so I had started it up and there was no smoke or haze. It’s sounds great and the guy said it has fuel in the oil I didn’t really notice any on the dip stick but I’m going to drain the oil out and check. Anyone else have that problem? What should I do?

·
Registered
18,021 Posts
I have a 02 gmc lb7 completely stock that I just bought off a guy with 149xxx. He told me that he thought he’s got bad injectors so I had started it up and there was no smoke or haze. It’s sounds great and the guy said it has fuel in the oil I didn’t really notice any on the dip stick but I’m going to drain the oil out and check. Anyone else have that problem? What should I do?
I would of inspected it better if the guy told you that before possibly wasting your hard earned money and even more if it is true.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,296 Posts
Drip some oil from the dip stick on a paper towel, if a halo forms around the oil, its got fuel in it. If you need injectors go through Lincoln diesel. Could be cracked body or leaking return lines more likely

·
Registered
10,296 Posts
Pic

Attachments

·
Registered
18,021 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts