Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i have a 2004 LB7 and i am trying to find an EGR delete kit. I cant find anyone that makes it, so i was thinking of buying parts to delete EGR off of a federal LB7 truck. What all would i need? Thanks

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
From what I READ, you need to pull the pump, block the egr with a plate and either weld or cap off the pipes. Myself I would buy a plate and put to pipes on. Mine didnt have EGR but I've helped the kids with there friends. Some buy a new Y pipe altogether. Check You tube for some videos "there are many" I would watch as many as I could unless you know exactly whats going on. Yell if you get in trouble. Hope this helps give you a idea anyway.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes i think what i am going to do is, completely remove EGR Cooler, EGR Valve, and pump. Then put on new up pipes, then block off plate for intake and then put a new serpentine belt on. I think thats the best route.

·
Vendor
1,169 Posts
What are you using the truck for? Check out our site. We have caps and up pipes.

·
Former GM Tech and parts
2,515 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What are you using the truck for? Check out our site. We have caps and up pipes.
What is the website?
Check out profabperformance . com for sure. All of their products that I have used are top notch
Yes i looked them up, im going to buy their EGR block off that goes on the intake, someone was telling me i might loose boost with a block off plate? I dont see how i would be loosing boost? Im going to get rid of the up pipe and put new ones on instead of blocking old up pipe and then i dont see how it could leak at the intake with the block off plate as long as i seal it good?

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
If anything you might gain a little boost, not loose boost.

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
I seen guys thread that plate for EGT gauges as well, instead of the exhaust manifold, thought I might throw that out there if you were thinking of pod gauges.

·
Registered
160 Posts
You need a federal y bridge, federal Right side up pipe, federal serpentine belt, and 24 '' of heater. You will have to get efi live tuning so you won't have a check engine light.

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Say prayers before you do any pipes, and soak the bolts the night before with whatever you like. I have spent hours with broken bolts, "It only takes a hour or so" 8 hours later I was still there drilling and tapping.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts