Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new here to this forum and was looking for a little assistance. I have 2004 lb7 duramax with 269k miles, replaced the factory injectors last week with remanufactured Bosch injectors and truck drove and ran amazing until this morning, pulled into work and truck sounded like it had a fuel knock. Checked my injector balance rates and all of the were around -1 and -2 except for injector #2 which is around +12. Would a failed injector cause balance rates like this? Thanks, picture of balance rates below
9C37AEB9-7333-4C38-9315-E813861D84D2.jpeg

·
Registered
10,267 Posts
Where did you get the injectors from?
Did any cups pull out when pulling injectors? If so how did you put them back in? Use 272 loctite? Do you have coolant or fuel in the oil?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
None of the injector cups pulled out during the install, all the injectors removed with no issues also No fuel or coolant in the oil. Reinstalled Injectors and torqued hold downs to spec but didn’t use loctite, replaced injector lines. Ran great for 2-3 days, woke up this morning and went to work and now it drives great in higher rpms but while idling it will fuel knock every once in a while. Truck was smoking horribly before and I no longer have a smoke issue just a rough idle now. Going to tear it back down tomorrow and recheck everything, if everything looks good I’ll send the injector back and I’ll loctite the holddowns why I have it out just to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
None of the injector cups pulled out during the install, all the injectors removed with no issues also No fuel or coolant in the oil. Reinstalled Injectors and torqued hold downs to spec but didn’t use loctite, replaced injector lines. Ran great for 2-3 days, woke up this morning and went to work and now it drives great in higher rpms but while idling it will fuel knock every once in a while. Truck was smoking horribly before and I no longer have a smoke issue just a rough idle now. Going to tear it back down tomorrow and recheck everything, if everything looks good I’ll send the injector back and I’ll loctite the holddowns why I have it out just to be on the safe side. Injectors came from dieselogic remanufactured, my buddy has been running a set with no issues so far that’s why I went with them.

·
Registered
10,267 Posts
I was talking about loctiting the cups. Diesel logic has a bad reputation for shit injectors.. They arent remans they are refurbished injectors. Theres a big difference. Ive heard of alot of guys getting 8 bad injectors from them right out the box. Know 2 personally. Diesel logic is also big kahuna diesel. Same company, different name, same shitty injectors. Hopefully it was an install error but after finding out thats where you got the injectors from id bet thats your issue. If it is try to return them and get your money back and get quality remans from lincoln diesel. Dont let them just send you 1 new injector cause you will be back in that engine doing the others much sooner than you want to be. Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was talking about loctiting the cups. Diesel logic has a bad reputation for shit injectors.. They arent remans they are refurbished injectors. Theres a big difference. Ive heard of alot of guys getting 8 bad injectors from them right out the box. Know 2 personally. Diesel logic is also big kahuna diesel. Same company, different name, same shitty injectors. Hopefully it was an install error but after finding out thats where you got the injectors from id bet thats your issue. If it is try to return them and get your money back and get quality remans from lincoln diesel. Dont let them just send you 1 new injector cause you will be back in that engine doing the others much sooner than you want to be. Good luck.
I’m gonna try and get them to take my injectors back hopefully, I haven’t had time to mess with it due to work, most likely gonna buy one from Lincoln diesel for now and just replace them as they go if they don’t. Then I gotta figure out my other issue which is oil pressure, before I changed the injector I had 18-20 psi of oil pressure at idle and now I idle at 15. Hopefully it’s because it is running a little rough and I didn’t do no damage to the engine from the last injectors diluting my oil, At cold start up I have around 60-70 hoping it may be the sending unit.

·
Premium Member
9,776 Posts
Lots of work involved just to change out one injector, I would at least change out all 4 of them on the side that I was working on. JMO

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lots of work involved just to change out one injector, I would at least change out all 4 of them on the side that I was working on. JMO
Yeah I know, but I just spent 1750 in injectors so I’m going to replace this one for now and hopefully the rest hold up until I can afford some from Lincoln, I can do 1 injector in 2 hours but I’m definitely not doing it 8 times, I’d rather do a whole bank at once if I could like you said

·
Registered
10,267 Posts
Contact the company and try like hell to get them to take them back. Whatever the outcome go through lincoln diesel and like mray said at least do that whole bank. No way in hell id just one injector on an lb7. Lly+ yeah no problem. It could be diluting the oil again already.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Contact the company and try like hell to get them to take them back. Whatever the outcome go through lincoln diesel and like mray said at least do that whole bank. No way in hell id just one injector on an lb7. Lly+ yeah no problem. It could be diluting the oil again already.
Definitely gonna replace that one, I already bought an injector from Lincoln and if another one goes out I’m just gonna buy the rest of them. Such a pain in the ass to only do one at a time like your saying. Oil still looks brand new, hasn’t even changed color yet after driving it for 3 days, before the new injectors it would be greyish black after one drive on a new oil change.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So just for giggles I decided to mess with my truck today a little bit, runs with no issues and balance rates are great +1/-1 but oil pressure isn’t even reading anymore. I’m just lost now

·
Registered
10,267 Posts
Most likely the sending unit then

1 - 14 of 14 Posts