Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, another lb7 injector question. I have a 2002 Chevy Silverado 2500hd with the lb7 Duramax and 130,000 thousand miles. Once it’s warmed up it knocks at idle I had the man at Autozone plug his Snap-on into it and check my balance rates. In park number 1 was running 9 to 10, number seven -4 to -5, the rest were within spec but not great. (The Autozone guy was supposed to email me the data from the test but hasn’t yet so I don’t have exact numbers.) I had him disable injector 1 and the knock went away almost completely.

So my question is, is it injectors or is there something else that I should look at first. The fuel pressure regulator looked a bit out from what I could see but I can’t remember the numbers. Can a bad fuel pressure regulator case bad injector rates.

My truck does have some sort of tuning:
setting one = stock
two = tow heavy
three = tow light
four = light performance?
five = performance (+120 horse power?)
The guy I bought the truck from didn’t really seem to know but that’s what he said. I just run it on stock unless I’m towing then two or three seem to help the transmission shift better.

Truck also has s&b cold air intake and bigger/louder exhaust but stock fuel pump and filter set up.

I’m looking at S&S Diesel Motorsport SAC00™ LB7 Duramax Injectors, any thoughts.

Thanks (If I posted this in the wrong spot please let me know as I'm new to the forum and don't know my way around to well)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts