Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been monitoring my injector rates for a bit now with a few different emails to Brent at LDS (great person when it comes to advice, has not steered me wrong yet), and was tracking on the mind set that I would have to replace them soon. Consistently, cylinder 5 and 6 were always either right on the outskirts or way above (as far as within spec) and the others in the even #s weren't far off. During this time I also had an interment MAF signal code being thrown.
Long story short, replaced the MAF sensor a few weeks back now and since then the rates that I am seeing are night and day. As a whole, the Odd Bank is running within.5 of 0.0 and the Even bank is generally +/- within 1.5 of 0.0 (again minus #5 which is still running at 3.5 and 4 when in drive) (monitored through EDGE insight).
Has anyone else seen changes like that just from the MAF?

I know I will have to probably change the injectors anyway next summer since this set has roughly 80K on them but I wouldn't have thought that the MAF would have had that much of an effect on the rates...

·
Registered
56 Posts
That's interesting. I just picked up my first diesel, '03 LB7 with 214k and original injectors with just a touch of haze at idle. Gotta get a scanner and check balance rates but now I'll know to look at the MAF as well. Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts