Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any luck with gm covering injectors out of warranty? with the recall they will give you 7yr or 200k on injectors. My question is anyone go over on the years but have less than 200k and they covered you? I have a 02 with 94k on it brought it to the dealer to run a diagonis and they told me that the injectors need to be replaced. I bought the truck in sept 02 and its been 8 years but i have under the 200k? Never had them replaced so i called gmc and they are going to let me know what they are going to do for me.. Anyone get this done before being over the years on the warranty?

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
They "GM" have tightened down changing these out pretty tight. Heck is was not too long ago alot of places would replace just for Balance rates, and now they are denying them left and right for just bad balance rates "not meeting the criteria". I would say you have a slim to none shot at getting GM to cover them, with none being the most likely outcome.

Good luck

·
Registered
125 Posts
Some guys on other forums had them replaced. They were just over on years but under on mileage. Hopefully they do help you out.
I was out on years as my truck was put into service in Sept '01 and 6k under on mileage. Just spent 3k on injectors.

·
Registered
839 Posts
My shop spends a lot of money at the local stealer with the 11 chevys I maintain and I've tried to get things covered a little out if warrenty thinking that I had a little more pull than the regular joe and the service manager just apologizes and said that gm is really cracking down so they can't do it

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
Good luck on that...hope they help you out...also, it wasnt a recall or warranty for our injectors to 7yr/200,000 miles....it is a special policy.

With a special policy there is way more leyway for them to squirm out of covering them than an actual warranty or recall.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.