Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I looked through about 8 pages of threads looking for an answer so I wouldn't have to post a new one but since you are reading this I had no luck. Just bought a new (to me) 04 DMax with LB7 yesterday. I have some white smoke at idle. Seems like if it idles for 30 seconds it clears up fairly quickly. If it idles for 2+ minutes it leaves a nice white cloud before clearing up.

So... Question #1: given this little bit of info, does it sound like injectors to you guys?

If so....

Cheapest place you have found to purchase injectors.

If not...

What could it be?

Any input is appreciated!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Lincoln Diesel is pretty damn close to being the cheapest with bosch reman injectors. Look up how to perform a balance rate test and then report back, you can also try the injector cleaning procedure if you do thinkits injectors although its a bandaid, not a fix.

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks man. I guess i will take it to a dealer to get the balance test done. was hoping to be able to do it on my own to avoid giving any money to those crooks (yes i called dealer service department crooks) but i dont know what im doing so i have no choice lol

·
Registered
252 Posts
You can do it on your own, there's an APP for your phone called torque pro I believe that does it, you just buy an compatible Bluetooth OBD 2 plug, Matco/ snap on scan tools, efi live etc...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts