Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a YouTube video of an lb7 and the owner cranked the truck and then I saw him flip a switch in the cab and the truck started loping. How is this acheived? I was under impression it was a tune from efi.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
do you have the link?

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
Probably has a dsp2 switch and switching between tunes

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
It's is a DSP 2 or 5 switch. He is using EFI. I have a lope on my race tune to know that I'm at the end of the switch and it sounds coo. And I'm sure it sparkZ03dmax

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I searched for lb7. It was one with a red cc. The switch seemed to be installed by him. It just looked like a small toggle.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Sparkz has an EC but his was done by Harley at Georgia Diesel like mine!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's user sparkz1420

·
Registered
14 Posts
Lope Switch

i have a 03 chevy single cab 4x4 6spd manual duramax with a lope switch i installed myself with no tunes, anyone with a dmax can do it. locate your fuel pressure sensor (on an lb7 its right under the intercooler boot on the driver side) and you will find it has 3 wires (power, signal,and ground) cut the power wire and wire in a toggle switch (flip the switch to the on position before cranking the truck) when the truck is running flip the switch off and the truck will begin to lope. it does throw a code but all you have to do is clear it with your programmer or scanner. It makes the same lope efi live tunes make. email me if you have any [email protected] [email protected]

·
Registered
536 Posts
i have a 03 chevy single cab 4x4 6spd manual duramax with a lope switch i installed myself with no tunes, anyone with a dmax can do it. locate your fuel pressure sensor (on an lb7 its right under the intercooler boot on the driver side) and you will find it has 3 wires (power, signal,and ground) cut the power wire and wire in a toggle switch (flip the switch to the on position before cranking the truck) when the truck is running flip the switch off and the truck will begin to lope. it does throw a code but all you have to do is clear it with your programmer or scanner. It makes the same lope efi live tunes make. email me if you have any [email protected] [email protected]
Will this hurt anything, sorry never heard of this bein done.. anyone have any info on this

·
Registered
186 Posts
^^^^^ also interseted.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have talked to the dealership here where i live and they told me it is totally fine to do this cause its just a sensor.

·
Registered
818 Posts
what is loping?

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I know ill proly sound dumb asking this but how do you get your truck and list of mods to show up under your post/:confused:

·
Registered
186 Posts
lopendmax you tapped into your fuel rail pressure sensor?

·
Registered
818 Posts
hmm not a fan of this but to each his own :drink

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.