Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Silverado 2500HD LTZ
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I have an '03 that started loping during deceleration and recently started loping at idle. Last night it threw ECM P0089 and TCM P0743(I think the TCM is a coincidence though). I installed a fuel pressure gauge at my filter head to check that my AD165 was flowing right and I measured 9 PSI so that's correct. I started the truck up and it started loping worse than yesterday and was producing some white/blue smoke.

I ran out of Diesel kleen about three tanks ago and haven't been using any additives since then. I noticed the lope only after I stopped using the additive. I have been using the additive every single tank since I got new injectors at 100k(124k now). I just replaced my AD165 motor, filter, water separator, and fuel filter at the filter head.

My thinking is that the additive was masking the FPR going out and now that I've stopped lubing the fuel it's finally showing...

Any Idea's? From what I've read my symptoms point to the FPR.

As I just spend 5k replacing the injectors 24k miles ago I don't think they're the problem. I just don't want to tear my engine apart to replace an FPR that's doing it's job.

Thank you.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm going to throw some two stroke oil in the tank and see if I can calm down the lope. If that calms it down I think that pretty well points to the FPR. Am I correct in my thinking?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just put two stroke oil and some diesel kleen through the tank. The truck smoked initially when I fired it up but the idle settled down a little bit although it was still rough and the engine didn't sound normal. I drove around town for a bit and while it still lopes while decelerating the idle is as smooth as normal and the engine sounds like it should.

I think this points unequivocally to the FPR being the culprit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.