Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
ill try to get a test tomorrow and post it you can check it with a volt meter at the sensor. pcv is pretty easy probably do a search and come up with instructions. I just went to home depot and got some plumbing fittings one that would cap the turbo boot at the turbo and one that I could put a paint regulator on to pressure the other side. I didn't think I had any leaks until I pressurized it and I found a loose clamp and batt acid ate through the one under driver battery. this guy has a good set up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5XoOe3Zjuo

·
Registered
613 Posts
The pink wire on the maf is the ignition 1, it should measure 5 volts

Also check the why/blk wire on the baro sensor it should have 5volts as well.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
ill try to get a test tomorrow and post it you can check it with a volt meter at the sensor. pcv is pretty easy probably do a search and come up with instructions. I just went to home depot and got some plumbing fittings one that would cap the turbo boot at the turbo and one that I could put a paint regulator on to pressure the other side. I didn't think I had any leaks until I pressurized it and I found a loose clamp and batt acid ate through the one under driver battery. this guy has a good set up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5XoOe3Zjuo
That is very helpful, thanks! Im going to give that a shot as soon as I can get the parts together to make one. So no need to plug the exhaust? (Sorry if that is a stupid question, still learning)

The pink wire on the maf is the ignition 1, it should measure 5 volts

Also check the why/blk wire on the baro sensor it should have 5volts as well.
Ok, I'll check that. That's really simple, Thanks man!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have included the schematic for the MAF sensor and both connectors (MAF & ECM).

The Pink wire Pin 3 439 (239 on ECM PDF) is Ignition 1 Voltage (+ 12 VDC - NOT 5VDC) from PCM1 Fuse (15AMP), which is basically one end of a Pot.
The LOW REF (Battery Negative) associated with this Circuit is Pin 1 BLACK 552, which is basically the other end of a Pot.
The Signal MAF is on Pin 5 Yellow 492 to the ECM, which is basically the Wiper of a Pot.

If you VERIFY the Ignition 1 Voltage at MAF PLUG (in Wiring Harness) with reference to LOW REF, and also
Battery Negative, it should be the same, at +12 VDC. If both measurements aren't the same there is a problem with the COMMON Signal Wiring.

Then you can jumper +12 VDC to the MAF Sensor (unplugged from Wiring Harness), along
with the Battery Negative to Pin 1 MAF, and read the Signal Voltage on Pin 5 MAF. That Voltage will also be on ECM C2 Pin 65 Connector.

With the MAF reconnected to the Wiring Harness, this same MAF Signal Voltage should be on the YELLOW Wire at ECM Connector C2 Pin 65 (shown on MAF5.PDF
Page 6-2544.) But this isn't going to be easy to VERIFY, unless you somehow get access to the ECM C2 Plug Wiring, or penetrate the wire with a head pin.
You might want to just measure the Voltage at Pin 65 of ECM C2 Connector first, with Reference to Battery Negative as a starting point.

By troubleshooting this Circuit you should be able to locate why you have an improper Signal at the ECM for the MAF Signal.

My guess would be a BAD Ground on the ECM, where ever the ECM is located.

Larry

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I have included the schematic for the MAF sensor and both connectors (MAF & ECM).

The Pink wire Pin 3 439 (239 on ECM PDF) is Ignition 1 Voltage (+ 12 VDC - NOT 5VDC) from PCM1 Fuse (15AMP), which is basically one end of a Pot.
The LOW REF (Battery Negative) associated with this Circuit is Pin 1 BLACK 552, which is basically the other end of a Pot.
The Signal MAF is on Pin 5 Yellow 492 to the ECM, which is basically the Wiper of a Pot.

If you VERIFY the Ignition 1 Voltage at MAF PLUG (in Wiring Harness) with reference to LOW REF, and also
Battery Negative, it should be the same, at +12 VDC. If both measurements aren't the same there is a problem with the COMMON Signal Wiring.

Then you can jumper +12 VDC to the MAF Sensor (unplugged from Wiring Harness), along
with the Battery Negative to Pin 1 MAF, and read the Signal Voltage on Pin 5 MAF. That Voltage will also be on ECM C2 Pin 65 Connector.

With the MAF reconnected to the Wiring Harness, this same MAF Signal Voltage should be on the YELLOW Wire at ECM Connector C2 Pin 65 (shown on MAF5.PDF
Page 6-2544.) But this isn't going to be easy to VERIFY, unless you somehow get access to the ECM C2 Plug Wiring, or penetrate the wire with a head pin.
You might want to just measure the Voltage at Pin 65 of ECM C2 Connector first, with Reference to Battery Negative as a starting point.

By troubleshooting this Circuit you should be able to locate why you have an improper Signal at the ECM for the MAF Signal.

Larry
Here is the GROUND Schematic for the ECM, what I suspect is a likely problem.

Check it out.

Larry
This should be very helpful! I'll do some testing this afternoon and report back with what I find out.

Thanks!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Here is the GROUND Schematic for the ECM, what I suspect is a likely problem.

Check it out.

Larry
I have to ask, where are you getting all of the diagrams? :) That seems like an extremely useful tool!

·
Registered
161 Posts
After thinking that there possibily could be a 5 VDC source in the MAF Circuit,
It would probably be wise to just unplug the MAF Sensor and start by verifying the
Voltage to the MAF Sensor before jumping +12 VDC to it as a test. If it is operated
by +5VDC, you would likely smoke the sensor.

Larry

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
After thinking that there possibily could be a 5 VDC source in the MAF Circuit,
It would probably be wise to just unplug the MAF Sensor and start by verifying the
Voltage to the MAF Sensor before jumping +12 VDC to it as a test. If it is operated
by +5VDC, you would likely smoke the sensor.

Larry
Ok, I'll do that. Thanks!

·
Registered
613 Posts

Larry

Ok cool thanks for correcting me I just looked at the connector real quick. The pink wire was ignition 1, so duh to me that it would be 12v. lol

·
Registered
81 Posts
Looks like you have all the info needed but I will say be very careful if you put 12v to anything I put 12v on the 5v reference one day on a Saturn cost $1500 so now I'm a little more careful

·
Registered
63 Posts
Did you get it figured out? I'm having the same issue and am hoping you might have some insight.

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
P0101 code is set for any of the following

-EGR Control Pressure Sensor
-Mass Air Flow Sensor
-Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Performance

The acceptable operating range is,

1.014v to 4.670 v
11 kg/hr to 1620 kg/hr

Reasons for the DTC to set,

-Detects an in range sensor fault.
-It can also detect an open circuit.

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
A lot of treads with people having a this code they have traced it back to either fuel pressure regulator or egr system you should search the code on here and see what you come up with. There seem to be a good amount of treads with this code.

02ecsb lb7/zf6 284k
Stock intake pro fab intake horn
Stock exaust ppe boost valve
P0102 code that I can't get rid off
Efi live not on the truck yet
And for you, I see you have the P0102 code.

P0102

-Mass Air Flow Sensor
-Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Circuit Low Voltage

Acceptable operating range,
1.014v to 4.670 v
11 kg/hr to 1620 kg/hr

Why the DTC sets,

-Detects a sensor circuit low voltage

Mass Air Flow Input Voltage below 0.42 volts
-same as-
Mass Air Flow below 36 kg/hr

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks Arron, I forgot to update my sig I ended up changing the plug and about a foot of the harness and it fixed the problem. Also finally got my efi live installed and wow what a differance so much more power.

02ecsb lb7/zf6 284k
Stock intake pro fab intake horn
Stock exaust ppe boost valve
P0102 code that I can't get rid off
Efi live not on the truck yet

·
Registered
1 Posts
[QUOTE = "rockett92, publicación: 7501297, miembro: 81556"]
Así que estoy al límite de mi ingenio, he estado trabajando en este mismo código durante dos semanas, ahora es: P0101 Rendimiento de flujo de aire masivo. Intenté limpiar el sensor con un limpiador maf, reemplacé el filtro de aire, me aseguré de que todas las abrazaderas estuvieran apretadas, luego fui y conduje algunas millas para verificar los códigos. La luz se encendió alrededor de 55 millas, así que como no vi ninguna fuga de impulso ni ningún otro problema, supuse que necesitaba reemplazarlo, compré un nuevo sensor y conduje alrededor de 100 millas sin luz ... ¿Buenas noticias, verdad? Bueno, cuando lo llevé a la estación de smog (gracias a vivir en commefornia) la luz volvió a encenderse 😠. No sé qué más hacer ... ¿Alguien tiene sugerencias sobre dónde buscar o qué probar?
[/CITAR]
Checar la egr. Quita la manguera de vaquim que va a la egr. Si los números suben en el mfs tienes interrumpido el flujo en la egr

21 - 36 of 36 Posts