Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I finally bought an 01 ec/sb Duramax! I love it! I'm at 139k right now and was wondering how often you guys change fuel filters, oil, oil filters, transmission filters, etc. The previous owner ran Mobil 1 Synthetic 5W40 and did an oil change every 10k. That seems a little long to me. Just want some input! I'm really religious when it comes to maintaining my vehicles/toys so I want to do everything right. Thanks guys/gals! -Mike

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
this is what I do on my truck.
I change engine oil & filter every 5K, I run Amsoil Synthetic, some might say thats way to early for Amsoil, but 'frankly my dear, I don't give a damn!':D
Transmission spin on I got it scheduled at every 10K, internal, in your case, maybe once with transmission fluid change, otherwise, manual says no need unless a rebuild, but I am scheduling mine every 60K or so, but will depend on fluid condition.
Fuel filter every 10K, but now that I am running an AirDog II, I'll have to see, but probably will stick with every 10K.
Transfer case, front and rear axles, I would change them all, peace of mind, then you would not have to worry about them for quite some time, maybe every 75-100K or so.
Check the condition of your power steering fluid, would not hurt to do a flush and clean fluid.
Air filter, I run an after market cold air intake, dry filter, I clean it every engine oil change.
A lot of the above of course will depend on if you tow/haul heavy loads a lot.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Unless you know for sure when the fluids were changed last I would change all of them soon. Including all filters. Go with the GM/Delco/Racor filter for fuel and only that filter. Same goes for the tranny spin on, only the Allison filter. I'd go with Amsoil for the fluids. Message me and I can help with the Amsoil. Oil changes can go for at least as long as what the computer tells you to which is typically around 6k. Probably about 10k on fuel filter and I don't recall on the Ally spin on but I think either 25k or 50k. The Amsoil will last much longer that what the computer says but that is a whole nother story.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds good guys, thanks for the info! I really appreciate it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts