Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi there what can i do to make roughly 500hp at the wheels with stock turbo, air dog or fass, standard transmision ???? what to do with it, what injectors, etc

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
You will need to upgrade the tranny to hold that power. But you can make it stock turbo, EFIlive, lift pump, stock injectors, stock pump, and front end mods to keep the front end together. Also stock intake, and you can upgrade your exhaust if you would like.

·
Registered
84 Posts
intake horn mod, shim your fprv, intake. exhaust, then what he said. 500 is def doable pretty easy

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so i should get air intake,exhaust 5 inch straight pipe or what? new headers and how about air flow so likeinter cooler and pipeing

·
Registered
772 Posts
Stock injectors will hold togther at 500. as for max hp someone will have to help me on that one

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
i heard stock injectors wont hold together
The stock injectors will hold together just fine I made 545hp 1165tq on my stock injectors. The LB7 injectors go bad though. You can't do anything to stop them from going bad also.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Still go bad eventually

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
exhaust, cai, efi, lift pump, built trans BAM! 500rwhp+

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
who should i just go with lly or lbz ??? i personally dont have the truck yet im just getting ideas and now that injector go on them im having second thoughts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so if i did go with and exhaust does a 4 inch hep any or can i just cut the cut myffler out replace it with a straight tube and new down pipe, air intake ?? is there any way of making power with a custom air intake i am taking shop in high school right now and welding so this is easy to doo

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
depending on ur budget i would personally get a 06 and up truck which would be a lbz or in early model 06 it was lly. all u need to make 500 is a efi live tune and a lift pump. i would def upgrade to a 4 inch exhaust to help with egts. a intake isnt necassary and in some cases filter worse than a stock filter. the tranny will need to be upgraded to hold the power for any extended amount of time, that time will also be affected by how you drive and how it was abused before you bought the vehicle. u are making the right choice atleast by getting a duramax instead of a dodge or ford

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
check out my sig. big golden delicious made 498/887 earlier this year on a dyno that humbled most that ran on it

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so lly why is prob a better way to go?? then ill upgrade injectors along with lift pump 4 inch straight pipe with a down pipe air intake, efi live or what fpr programmers guages should i look for standard or automatic, if standard ill just upgrade the clutch to a b3 plate pressure plate system form south bend clutch ???

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
rode around with a guy on here and his LB7 is making ATLEAST 550 HP and he has completly stock internals including the injectors. It's doable......just how long will it last lol

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
so lly why is prob a better way to go?? then ill upgrade injectors along with lift pump 4 inch straight pipe with a down pipe air intake, efi live or what fpr programmers guages should i look for standard or automatic, if standard ill just upgrade the clutch to a b3 plate pressure plate system form south bend clutch ???
U don't need to upgrade injectors u less u are doing a turbo upgrade, the stock turbo will run out of air long before the injectors will run out of fuel with a lift pump

·
Registered
13,557 Posts
the only reason i would do bigger injectors is if you have efilive and just want to turn down the pw and timing and run safer numbers.

other than that stock sticks will take you pretty far.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts