Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i have not been able to figure out this problem i have a 2002 lb7 with 230000 on it brand new injectors in it and i get wite smoke at idle and when drive but only some times would any one now anything about this problem

·
Former GM Tech and parts
2,521 Posts
Where are the injectors from? Any coolant loss or anything like that? No fuel in the oil now?

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
hi guys i have not been able to figure out this problem i have a 2002 lb7 with 230000 on it brand new injectors in it and i get wite smoke at idle and when drive but only some times would any one now anything about this problem
First thing i would do is check the new injectors balance rates and return rates on a warm engine to see if they are running in spec. Depending on where they are from, it would not be unheard of to get a bad stick out of the box.

If they all test out id start looking at other options like coolant consumption.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dieselogic some coolant but that is because the water pump leaks out the weep hole have not hade time to fix that yet and no fuel in the oil

·
Former GM Tech and parts
2,521 Posts
dieselogic some coolant but that is because the water pump leaks out the weep hole have not hade time to fix that yet and no fuel in the oil
That right there is your problem. Dieselogic injectors are not new, they are nothing but junk. They take cores, 'clean them up', and resell them as 'refurbished' or whatever. They are junk. You need legit new or reman injectors from a reputable source. Lincoln Diesel is a great place to deal with and buy from. They carry good products and will not steer you wrong, I've dealt with them quite a bit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts