Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Hey, Livermoron!

Luv the name :).

Interesting on your glow plug set-up, since I have a ‘03 CA truck and GPs are tied to a bus down each side of the block. Frankly, I don’t know what it would take to throw a code in that situation, but suspect I’d have to lose connectivity of all 4 on one side or the other. What I do know is when I go key-on, the voltmeter takes a massive dive as they come on and voltage rises fairly soon afterwards, as they cycle off, depending on temp, of course.

At around 45*, even without GP’s, I would also suspect the engine would at least sputter and try to fire, and most likely start.

You noted a hard primer button, which should assure fuel to the CP3 so, like Durtynuby I’m suspecting electrical harness connections. In our aging trucks it doesn’t take much for a pin to be pushed back in its holder enough to become temperature sensitive.

I once discovered a no-start issue with a hair dryer. Heat, crank, repeat.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Thanks for reporting back!

Too many posts just fade away...

My batteries are 8 years old and I’ve noticed that LB7’s on YouTube crank much faster than mine, which fires faster than I can release the key.

Best and luv the happy ending.

Reactions: 407driver
1 - 2 of 2 Posts