Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured I'd try posting on here before taking the truck in for diagnostics

I have 2002 gmc sierra 2500hd stock duramax. Ever since I got the truck it's been lacking power. I have more power while towing with my 1500 silverado than I do with this truck right now.

No check engine lights, recently changed the cp3 because actual and desired frp weren't lining up and I thouvht thst was the cause. Changed the cp3 and the pressures line up now but still lacking power. No haze, or black smoke when getting on it. I have changed the fuel filter multiple times with no change. Checked for boost leaks and none.

I did have an overboost code pop up once when I first got It and was towing around 7k lbs and gave her the berries but I haven't seen that code since. Boost does get up to 20 or so but is slow to build. Leaning towards a maf sensor now maybe. It's like. I get the correct rail pressure but the truck isn't sending enough fuel to the engine if that makes sense.

Any ideas would be much appreciated. I do have a cts3 so I can monitor. A few things.

·
Registered
‘04 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 6.6L LB7 Duramax
4 Posts
Hook a scanner to the truck and post some data and we can maybe steer you in the right direction
🍻

1 - 2 of 2 Posts