Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When slowing down or turning the wheel kind of jerks. I have checked the fliud it is full and hasn't gone down in a week and the truck gets driven 100 miles a day mon - fri . There are no brake problems or any noises like some people have had just jerky. I'm not sure if this is harmful or not, but it is annoying. Has anyone had this problem ?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Mine gives a small jerk to the wheel just as I get back on the pedal in a slow sweeping turn. I figure the power steering pump is not providing enough boost at idle as it does at 1200 rpm & higher. Irritating yes.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I have heard that it could be one or both of 2 problems. Flush the P.S. and brake fluid. There is a DYI on here and it works good. Easy to do. The other one is the intermediate steering shaft. A lot of people replace theirs for the clunk and a couple grease theirs. A few have taken theirs out and filled the cavity with silicone. Again do a search. Good luck.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have heard that it could be one or both of 2 problems. Flush the P.S. and brake fluid. There is a DYI on here and it works good. Easy to do. The other one is the intermediate steering shaft. A lot of people replace theirs for the clunk and a couple grease theirs. A few have taken theirs out and filled the cavity with silicone. Again do a search. Good luck.
Yeah that's what I had read but the symptoms were different than other people were explaining. We fixed it the problem was a worn tire on the passenger side if I have the time Ill take A picture of the tire but the weird part about the tire is that it was wearing on the inside but was low....

·
Registered
839 Posts
Was the hub assembly ok?

·
Registered
839 Posts
Do you rotate them normally?

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts
Looks like an over-inflation wear pattern. What pressure are you runnin' in the rear with what kind of loads (tonnage)?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not my truck so I don't know when they were rotated. And it was used to pull a 37ft 5th wheel to vegas from california once. They are under inflated with an overinflated wear pattern.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I test drove a truck saturday that had an issue with steering, I was backing it outta the driveway and was turning and for a little bit a few seconds, there was no assist from P.S. it seemed like it had no power steering at all, but it was fine while the eingine was at higher rpm.... Dont think its a huge problem, but its jsut another thing for me to think about if I wanna buy the truck, its a lifted CCSB with 37's lol, that might be part of the issue too haha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts