Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running 65 mph with about 6 ton load with cruse set on interstate and about 3000 rpm going up a hill, somthing popped. After coming to stop truck wouldn't idle above 2000 rpm, limped to a save place turned truck off, restarted and truck seems to be fine now. Put trailer on another truck to continue short trip????

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Sounds like a yet another limped tranny

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
Please fill out your sig or tell us what you all have done too your truck.

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
when is the last time you changed your fuel filter.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bought it on ebay. Ran well so I put a 4 in standard exhaust, left air filter as factory. Put the lowest edge chip setting on it about october reset transmission. This is the first heavy load I have hauled with it. It is an extended cab 2001.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
when is the last time you changed your fuel filter.
I haven't since I bought it but after today I thought that would be the first thing I did tomorrow.

I am no mechanic and don't work on my own stuff other than to change the filters. I read on this forum a good bit.

Do they have some kind of computer rpm limiter when under undo stress? Could it have reset when I restarted?

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
You will want to do your fuel filter thats for sure. You need to change them every 5K give or take along with your external transmission spin on filter. You may have went into fuel limp mode.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts