Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the original problem was As titled ran my 2003 duramax out of fuel put several gallons in wasn't able to get it to fire sent to buddy to go and try to get it taken care of he says hes just used starting fluid got it to fire it screamed at red line for about 15 seconds even after the key was shut off. Claims there was a cloud of smoke when it shut off.
I know The risks of the using Either on a diesel. Figured my buddy did as well.
as far as the smoke I cannot tell you the color because he says it was too dark to tell when it happened.
I cannot get it to start ever since
It cranks over but seems to be struggling to do so unless I have the jump Box hooked up to it With a scan to I can monitor the real pressure says after cranking for a period of 10 or so seconds that it gets up to 17000+ PSI
Were do i start n ive bleed it till I get fuel to the rail ovwr and over still nothing.
Also there is a cel light that stays on. But no code.
I cant remember if that's normal till the trucks running or not.
Stock lb7 new (less than 10k injectors)
Dsp5 switch efi live tunes.
6' Straight pipe

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Charge both batteries fully. If you're getting 17K fuel pressure while cranking, that sounds like the circuit to the FPR is disconnected/compromised. Is that possible

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
unless it were possible for it to be damaged when it had ran away on the either then i wouldnt think that to be a possible issue, i say that because my truck ran great. i have had the truck a little over a year now and until this it never skipped a beat.
my main worry is of a mechanical issue internally, being revved up to my understanding to wide open.
now its hard to crank...
i know the battery's had been drained trying to get it to start with no results and also that you do need 2 good fully charged batts to turn these 6.6l over.
it almost seems as if it has a tight spot in the same spot like there could be some interference going on.
im not familiar with the valvetrain of these trucks, is it possible to have had one stick or droop and it bent a valve maybe.?

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Get both batteries fully charged and see if any improvement. Two fully charged batteries are better than 2 discharged batteries and a jumper battery. Yes, uneven cranking can be a sign of internal damage of various types.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts