Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to tear down and do Head Gaskets and CP3. Hear is my shopping list so far. Anything I am missing or any suggestions?

Grade C Head Gaskets (Stealer)
Head Bolts (Stealer)
CP3 (Pensacola)
Lower Valve Cover Gaskets
Injector install kit (O-rings, Retainers, washers)
Form-a-gasket for valve covers

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Are your HGs bad or injectors gone out or CP3? Just wondering

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
If you are tearing it down to do head-gaskets, why not go with ARP Head-studs?

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Also are you planning on a tranny upgrade?

If it were me and I was planning on doing a upgraded trans in the future, I wold just get the Wicked Diesel Stage 1/CP3. I guess I just try and get something a little better, when something takes a crap on my truck:drink

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
why would you buy head bolts from the dealer??? don't do it please

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't plan on ever going over 400HP. Only because of budget!! I have 4 girls in school! $$$$ :rof

That is another reason for not getting ARP head studs. Sorry guys, I need to spend as little as possible at this point!

CP3 is only doing about 9,000PSI and was higher a few months ago, keeps getting worse. My injector balance rates are all under 1, so I am going to salvage the injectors. I am building a ton of pressure in the cooling system and blowing coolant out of the bottle. I guess it is either an injector cup or HGs. Since I am in that far, I figure I might as well do gaskets and have heads checked out.

Are there any bolts/studs that are better than dealers but not as pricey as ARPs?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
how did it work out im doing the head gaskets, ARP studs and the merchant automotive lb7 gaskits kid with some machine work just wondering how it all turned out? also class c hgs from gm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts