Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have installed a titan tank on an 04 LB7, after install was complete I went to top off the tank, what a JOKE! So in order to make things right I am trying to think like an engineer and fix it. I dont see any reason why I couldnt order an LLY filler neck and just leave the tank vents tied together then tee'd up to the top of the filler neck. I am hoping that someone has also been down this road before and I am looking to fix it quick as this truck if for a customer and it looks like I am footing the bill to make things right to my customer. An LLY filler neck is around 240 and a week out.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
What happened? Burp on you?

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya I could fuel for about two or three seconds then wait one or two, I put 15gal in it at home then was able to put another 30 gal at the pump and it took me almost 15 min. to get 30 gallons in it.

·
Registered
742 Posts
When I did my lift pump install there was two "filler necks" the rubber one. Then inside was a plastic one. Didn't know why so ripped out the plastic one when spliced into filler neck for airdog return. Ended up taking the old feed from the sending unit and running it up into the filler neck metal bracket where it meets the bed. Haven't had issue since

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya and I have an lly and the at the neck it has a fitting for the breather just below the threads, When I worked at the dealership we used to run into that inner tube on the lb7's and noticed that the newer ones did not have that inner tube. I have also noticed that I can fill my 05 at truck stops and the earlier ones are not big enough to fill there.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I fill my lb7 up at truck stops. Before the lift pump and now after I re-made the vent.

·
Registered
370 Posts
The bigger nozzel fits in my LB7... But I guess I don't get what the issue is that you are having? It takes a long time to fill up 52gal of fuel?

·
Registered
201 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Big one dosnt fit in mine and I have to hold the handle just right for it not to click off. Can't just set it and let it go its starting to piss me off.

·
Registered
201 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Factory tank could fill by locking the pump on, ever since I installed the Titan I have to fill it as if I am trying to round it off to the nearest dollar. all 52 gallons of it. and all of the vent lines are angled upwards with no sagging just as the instructions say.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just thought I would follow up on this. I just finished things up and ended up installing a filler neck from an LLY. Night and day, it made me wonder why titan couldnt work something up like that for their lly kit that would work.

·
Registered
370 Posts
So are you saying that when I do a Titan tank in my LB7 CCSB that I should find a filler neck from a different model truck? What is the difference between the two that makes the one work better then the other?

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have an lly and had installed this tank for a customer with an LB7. If you poke your head in the wheel well and look at the filler neck where it mounts to the bedside on an
lb7 it is just the one 2" hose going to the tank as it has a tube inside of it. the inner tube is the fuel fill and the outer is for venting. On an LLY and LBZ, there is the 2" line for filling and like a 1/2 or 5/8 line coming from the sending unit to the filler neck and it is all but at the threads, if you get a chance peak at one or I can snap a picture of mine for you, this allows for the venting air to be above the end of the nozzle when filling. Be advised this was an expensive route as I could not locate one at a local junk yard or ebay, I paid $180 for it from the dealer at employee pricing, list was almost 300. I gave my customer the option to modify his original filler neck as I had read on here some articles of people having to do it or just going with an OE type replacement. He chose to go with the better. I worked at the dealer for six years and though I have done many repairs, the aftermarket and modifying of things has never been my lane. I have used this site to learn what I didnt learn at the dealership and just trying to post back what I have ventured.

·
Registered
370 Posts
cool...Thanks for the heads up....when talking about dropping $1100 on a tank another $300 might not be so bad to make it all work perfect....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts