Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc 2500HD LLY
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are a million threads already about tuning options but I'm hoping someone can help me out. I just finished swapping an lly into my 04 and i had motor ops make the tunes. I'm super disappointed with them all the way around as far as customer service, quality of the tunes and i still never got the trans tuning i paid an extra 300 for.. the truck has a danville stg2r turbo and 30% injectors with egr delete/ ic piping and most of the other bolt ons. i put an hsp 4" intake on it and made sure to let motor ops know the maf needed to be calibrated but i dont think it got done, the truck is very laggy even in stage 5 :( Im not trying to start anything or turn people against motor ops i just am hoping to find a good tuner i can buy some new tunes from. i live in mt so we have no emissions but it sounds like there arent many tuners out there right now! i used ppei on my old truck and they did great so thats an option too. i was going to see if anyone on here knew of someone who maybe does a little more custom tuning with datalogs or helping me get the maf calibrated. ive got an autocal with a vin license already so name your price lol - any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks, Zack
04 GMC:
30% injectors, danville stg2r, head studs, up pipes, 3 inch downpipe back, hsp intercooler piping with egr delete and y- bridge, hsp 4inch intake, fuel rail fittings, airdog 165, fuel tank sump

·
Administrator
17,013 Posts
Deleting emissions equipment is illegal in the US and due to the EPA's use of the DuramaxForum in legal filing for EZ Lynk, we have clarified our rules to not allow emissions delete conversations where it is illegal including in locations regulated by the EPA.

I understand your engine possibly did not come with emissions and then would not be deleted if you upgraded the heads, fuel system, ECM and FICM to LLY, but I can only work off the details provided stating the emissions were deleted.

I'm sorry to hear about your issues and you'll find there are very few tuners and fewer tuners offering deletes due to the aggressive approach of the EPA.

We are all advocates and enthusiasts like yourself and we encourage you to work through your legislators to try and fight for our ability to have race only vehicles. Please take a look at the RPM Act and SEMA's efforts to re-instate and protect our rights to have race vehicles.

As for your issues, with a reputable tuner you will typically find that a mechanical issue exists and a good tuner won't tune for a mechanical issues. I suggest looking for boost leaks, Duramax Tuner sells a tool kit to do this.

If you use your LB7 engine with LLY heads, LLY turbo, LLY Fuel System, LLY under engine harness, LLY ECM/FICM, etc... you might be able to find tuners that can tune your LB7 for those changes / upgrades. I would also install an 06-07 intake if you did not upgrade to an aftermarket intake. I wasn't sure based on your comment about re-calibration of the MAF. I'm no lawyer, but I believe emissions are going to be regulated by VIN of the vehicle and emissions on the engine block as shipped from the factory. If you had a CA LB7 with EGR, then this won't help you.

Hopefully this info is helpful as it was intended, I have closed the thread due to the "emissions delete" discussion as part of our rules.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.