Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so this started yesterday when i went back to fix the flickering lights in my guage cluster. a while ago i did the led mod, and since have been flickering due to the sockets not turned in all the way. so yesterday i went in took the cluster out and fixed, then reinstalled the cluster. i did this all with the batterys still hooked up, as i did originally when i did the led mod. got the cluster back together and tried it out, worked fine. after, all the lights would come on but the battery voltage was low, and windows wouldnt roll down. I tried to start the truck, and the thing would barley turn over, as it would barely turn over i could hear all the switched and electrical stuff in the truck flickering on and off. So i figured it was just a coincidence and the batteries were on their way out, so i started to take them out to charge them, i noticed the terminals were corroded so i cleaned them, reconnected the batteries and the truck started like a champ. The truck started, i let it run, since it hadnt run in a few days and it was cold. came back out after a little while and the truck was warmed up noticed the check engine light came on. I read the code, one was for some auxillery hook ups, and the other for a tranny (i cant remember the code #'s, getting the tool and will have them in a few days) i cleared the codes.

This brings us today, i noticed the guages work fine, but the circle around the selected gear doesnt show on all the slections only a few such as reverse, also when shifting out of a moving gear into park the lock dont open on the doors as they used to. i drove the truck this morning for about 20 miles, it was fine. then drove the truck on my 200 mile trip this afternoon, ran fine, and then another 10 mile trip only about half an hour after completing the long trip, the truck also ran fine.

now i was at this adress for about 5 hours, before returning on the same 10 mile trip. when i got back to the truck and started it, the check engine light was on the guages were still not showing the circle around the gear selector and the lockers were not functioning properly when going in and out of gear. this time the truck shifts incredibly hard going into reverse, and drive, as well as going between the two. lastly the truck wont go out of first gear, wont shift to second or an sucessive gear,

what could be wrong?? i am at a lost here.

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
You should start with a new NSBU switch-- That is connected to the shift linkage on the side of the trans. Have the trans in "N" when you install the new switch.-- then pull the lock pin on the switch. That way it will be adjusted correctly.

An Allison dealer sells it cheaper than the GM dealer.

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Moved to Trans

1 - 3 of 3 Posts