Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a buddy with a lb7 with well over 100xxx miles closer to 200xxx i think. Bully dog programmer, lifted with 35s or 37s. He hasnt had it very long. But His tranny just started running really hot. 250-300 degrees and has two codes. Po700, po741.
Anyone know whats goin on?

·
Registered
35 Posts
P0741 Torq Conv Clutch Circ Perf/Stuck Off
P0700 Tran Ctrl Sys Error.
im still fairly new to the dmax/allison but from the codes i would guess the torque converter isnt locking or slipping maybe

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i my scanner told me what the codes mean but what exactly is goin on and how do we fix it? Lol

·
Registered
493 Posts
i bet them tires have alot to do with it. the torque converter is probably not locking up when it should. its slipping alot more cause of the load it has and creating excess heat. thats my guess

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Makes sense. It didnt do it when he first got it tho. Just started the other day

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
can anyone help him out?? its around 50 degrees or less in our area this time of year.his tranny should not be running 250-300 degrees. he said he was driving it easy because it was starting to get hot. it hit 230, then 250 so he pulled into a store and parked it and it spiked 300 just sitting there..

·
Registered
35 Posts
when was the last time the filters were changed? what does the fluid look like? has he tried taking the bullydog out? i know my friend had problems with his bully dog and the tranny.

·
Recovering Diesel Addict
1,074 Posts
Torque converter is probably dying.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
His fluid looks ok and he just changed the spin on filter and thats when ot started actin up. So he put a another new filter on thinkin there was somethin wrong with the first and still no luck. Ill have him take the bully dog out see if anything changes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts